Foot hold success finally!

We all struggle with foot holds. Too tight you will tweek your ankle and get stuck, too loose you go flying trying to put tricks together. I have reworked my WDK holds at least 10 times in the last 4 years and I finally have something that will hold me in, but let me go when needed and thought I would share what I did.

The big thing I found is using 1” underpad on the top of the hold. Good underpad has a “grippy” quality more so than turf when wet. I always had one layer of turf on the top for durability but while trying to get Locked in I rode one day with just the underpad exposed and even thou it was not tight enuf for my foot I could tell the grip was better than turf.

I use a fishing fillet knife to cut turf and it works well. I trimmed a channel out of the top of my holds so I could glue in a strip of 1” underpad.

The second thing that seemed to be the key was raising my heel only along the bottom. I noticed when I was riding in the holds as I leaned forward during tricks my heel would still come up off the wedge even thou my foot was tight in the hold. So I added two layers of turf to the heel only and it worked well.

After adding the top strip of underpad I still needed a tic more squeeze for my foot so I added one more complet layer on the bottom and bang!, I finally had it.

Just keep working on your holds if they don’t work. Once you get it, doors open up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to post the pics but evidently you need to pay to join premium Tapatalk for a fee to post pics?? Wtf is going on with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I’ll use the web from now on

Attachments

• A510EAD0-A0A7-4D20-A31A-87DB730BB64B.jpeg
    A510EAD0-A0A7-4D20-A31A-87DB730BB64B.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 38
  • A46D428F-006D-45C9-BBA0-B7F8ECD250FF.png
    A46D428F-006D-45C9-BBA0-B7F8ECD250FF.png
    811.8 KB · Views: 38

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Looks great! Kinda makes sense since the foam can conform a bit easier then the turf. I’ll prob give this a shot next time I’m out (after I fix my hull that’s cracked all the way across the bottom lol)

Top Bottom