foot holds on joe kenney's skis

Fro Diesel

creative control
i was searching for more info on what kind of foot holds joe kenney uses. Are they just some home-made ones that he glassed in? I will search for the pics right now. I want to do straps and the Joe kenney style footholds on my rn build.

Last edited:

Fro Diesel

creative control
hells yeah crab. That was quick. infact that was the pic that originally inspired me. That is my stance, too. don't think i will have a rn done for chicken bone, but one can dream. Thanks.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
The guys at blowsion widen his tray and build the long foothold slots in the gunwhales for him. It requires a custom made carbon fiber exhaust tube in the hull ( $800 by itself ) to clear the extra width of the modified tray.

Fro Diesel

creative control
The guys at blowsion widen his tray and build the long foothold slots in the gunwhales for him. It requires a custom made carbon fiber exhaust tube in the hull ( $800 by itself ) to clear the extra width of the modified tray.

wholly big bucks batman. Damn. I thought i could do something similar for cheap. guess not...unless....side exhaust here i come. How do you know all this stuff? where can i get more info on his skis and how they are built? I take it from your post that they are not the recreational holds like posted above, but are actually longer custom made.

Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
joe doesn't use any footholds. Just the 2 windsurfing straps. A couple of his skiis were widened and one had klowners, but they were just for Blowsion to advertise. His feet remain in the straps while he rides. You can widen your tray quite a bit without removing the exhaust pipe.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Hey buster, I know that pic!!!

Hehe, I took that at the 06 Blowsion Beach Party.

And what Mike said.....Joe rides in the straps. It seems the "footholds" where just there to widen the tray so his feet would fit across the tray.

Last edited:

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
joe doesn't use any footholds. Just the 2 windsurfing straps. A couple of his skiis were widened and one had klowners, but they were just for Blowsion to advertise. His feet remain in the straps while he rides. You can widen your tray quite a bit without removing the exhaust pipe.

Same with Taylor Curtis. When I got his old ski it looked the same way. I think he rides barefoot in the straps. I put REV holds in after trying the rect. holds that were in there. They kill the top of your foot.

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
Here it is during and after the REV install. I kept the front strap, and use it sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpg
    IMG_2775.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

E.J.

YouKnowTheRules..Yamaha
Those are Klowners with the ankle support removed so you can fit in the tray on your knees with knee braces on. Jerry brandon and taylor did the same thing to jerrys ski when they got it back from blowsion

Top Bottom