foot strap install video

good write up. Did you use anything to block the epoxy from gettin in the inner set nut threads? The blowsion kit I bought(which i wont do again) had little plastic things blocking the inner threads so the epoxy didnt get in there. But they actually sucked to get out when I went to but the bolts in.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
you can use Vaseline or thread a bolt in and out of the set nut
(by hand) before the epoxy starts to set up.

also forgot to say you must wait for the epoxy to cure before attempting to attach your straps.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
I think for what blowsion charges for one foot strap install kit you can get enough set nuts and epoxy from lowes to do 3 straps. The set nuts are in the furniture hardware area.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
Thease are the straps I put on my 750 they where 20$ for a pair of the on amazon. I installed them for less than 40$ and that's adding a second mounting position for both straps so I can move them or add more straps to the front of the tray later. Just thought I should test the new contour roam camera and help my fellow jet ski riders while I was Installing my friend's straps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 138

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
one of my foot straps just got thrashed while jumping a boat wake..... not while in the surf! like i was saying foot holds are stronger but straps cost a fraction of the price and if your ski will never flip atleast you can use them for better control or just to hold your feet to the tray when going big on a boat wake or in the surf.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
If I learned one thing in life .... it is that if you don't know how to do something not to let the fear of the unknown keep you from doing what you want.
I got into jet skis with no idea of how to work on the skis. I once told a fellow jet skier to put oil into his flywheel case because I had read in an old shop manual for a Kawasaki js300 that it needed it. The only problem was his jet ski was a js550 and it did not require it and probably should not have it in there. Well long story short by working through the issues with your jet skis you will gain more knowledge than paying someone to do it for you.
I started installing foot straps with no clue how to do it and there was no info about how to. I tried multiple ways and when I found a great way to do it I wanted to share it with every one so that it is easier for every one else and that is what is great about this web forum.

I love how you think and have the same look on life.. nobody can say you can't do something you want, you just have to try again and again..

Envoyé de mon SM-N7505 en utilisant Tapatalk

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
Another Ski i put foot straps on when I flat decked it. upload_2016-2-12_22-38-15.jpeg
If you find this ski message me i would buy it back cash money any day.
Loves lost are not loves forgotten.

Top Bottom