Foothold recommendations

Thinking about getting these footholds for my square nose or the blowsion kickers . Wondering if anyone has any experience with these footholds? I wear shoes when I ride also. Any other recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks-Nickimage.png

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Those footholds look tiny and not comfy. I ran @tom21 footholds in my square and loved them. 26mm pad top and bottom. @TOBY makes some nice budget priced ones too. But, @CrazyJoesRacing came out with a set of holds that look super nice too.

Those footholds look tiny and not comfy. I ran @tom21 footholds in my square and loved them. 26mm pad top and bottom. @TOBY makes some nice budget priced ones too. But, @CrazyJoesRacing came out with a set of holds that look super nice too.
Thanks, ill have to look into those. Also, I have no experience with installing them but from what I've heard it really isn't that hard. What do you think?

Ducky

Back in the game!
Thanks, ill have to look into those. Also, I have no experience with installing them but from what I've heard it really isn't that hard. What do you think?

Not that hard at all. Just takes time, having the right tools, some patience and some creativity.

Id stay away from the blowsion kickers. I installed them in a SN one time, and they were very thin and didnt fit very well. When I put some expanding foam behind them, the foam actually pushed the bottom of the footholds up and I had the grind down the bottom of the holds and glass the bottom flat...pain in the butt.

Definitely look into the holds @Roseand posted about....solid footholds with lots of room for padding. Comfy holds = Happy Feet and Ankles.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Nah it's not too difficult. Just make sure you prep everything good.
Remove turf and adhesive. acetone/brake cleaner, etc work good for removing adhesive. I've used a wire wheel on a drill if it's really bad. Cut the area out for the foothold(dremel works great). Sand both the foothold surface and hull with 36-60. Clean with acetone. Thicken some epoxy resin up, apply it to foothold and hull. Rivet/screw holds to the hull. You can then wait before you lay the glass, or you can just lay glass right away over all of the seams. I do it afterwards but technically its a better mechanical bond if you do it the otherway.. There's a sticky in the tech faq for this, i'll get it for ya in a sec.

Not that hard at all. Just takes time, having the right tools, some patience and some creativity.

Id stay away from the blowsion kickers. I installed them in a SN one time, and they were very thin and didnt fit very well. When I put some expanding foam behind them, the foam actually pushed the bottom of the footholds up and I had the grind down the bottom of the holds and glass the bottom flat...pain in the butt.

Definitely look into the holds @Roseand posted about....solid footholds with lots of room for padding. Comfy holds = Happy Feet and Ankles.
Thank you!

Remove turf and adhesive. acetone/brake cleaner, etc work good for removing adhesive. I've used a wire wheel on a drill if it's really bad. Cut the area out for the foothold(dremel works great). Sand both the foothold surface and hull with 36-60. Clean with acetone. Thicken some epoxy resin up, apply it to foothold and hull. Rivet/screw holds to the hull. You can then wait before you lay the glass, or you can just lay glass right away over all of the seams. I do it afterwards but technically its a better mechanical bond if you do it the otherway.. There's a sticky in the tech faq for this, i'll get it for ya in a sec.
Thanks!

Also, do I need to worry about running into the exhaust tubing on the right side of the ski when cutting?

Ducky

Back in the game!
Also, do I need to worry about running into the exhaust tubing on the right side of the ski when cutting?

I wouldnt say you need to worry...but you should be aware of the fact that you will be close to it. When I installed those Blowsion Kickers, I had to dent the exhaust hose in the tray to get them to fit right.

I bought the blowsion kickers for my sn. I had never installed footholds prior and didn't have any trouble at all. Plenty of youtube videos and they even come with pretty thorough instructions. The hardest part is measuring it out and making the right size cut in the correct place. You can also buy turf kits from blowsion made specifically for those footholds

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom