300/440/550 FootHolds on an X2

Snackem

Danger Zone
I was talking to some guys in the Shout Box the other day and they told me that they think that footholds could be put on an X2, on the inside of the trays under the seat. Is this true or was I fed a line of BS?

B-Roy

Makin' a Comeback!
Im sure it could work, but your feet would be going inward which is totally awkward. Footstraps are the way to go on an X-2.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I vote footstraps.
Just bring 'er over to my garage already, we'll do some surgery. :haha:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just follow the crab, works awsome. Try Overtons.com, they are $19.99
Basically what I am using, only Obrien brand.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

WAB

salty nuts
Here's how the x2 guys in Japan did their foothold... Does not look that hard to make & would not have to look this pretty if it's turfed.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Yeah that's what I though the general thought would be. I'll probably throw some water ski bindings on there a la crab :hail: I just thought I would get people's opinion.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Its too bad we can't get someone over here to bend those footholds up out of aluminum,looks like it would be fairly easy.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Here's how the x2 guys in Japan did their foothold... Does not look that hard to make & would not have to look this pretty if it's turfed.

Good for freestyle only, you don't want anything mounted solid in the tray like that, it limits your movement in the tray. Ski bindings or straps can be stepped on and/or mashed flat, and won't tear up your knees and feet. Normally my toes just tuck in, but if I want I can kick them in further for real locking power. Either way you will come out if you get thrown off the ski. :biggthumpup:

Last edited:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Good for freestyle only, you don't want anything mounted solid in the tray like that, it limits your movement in the tray. Ski bindings or straps can be stepped on and/or mashed flat, and won't tear up your knees and feet. Normally my toes just tuck in, but if I want I can kick them in further for real locking power. Either way you will come out if you get thrown off the ski. :biggthumpup:
Yeah I'm thinking that I might try the ski boots but for $20 a pair of Dakine foot straps are really tempting and I can see them and a milled head comming for Christmas.:biggthumpup:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Straps are the way to go. Pretty simple to install and you can just stand on them when you are not using them. The only bad thing about mine is that I put them too far foward. I need to epoxy in two new inserts farter back. I just never got around to doing it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
If you used Wamilton's Malone footholds, you wouldn't be pigeon toed. They are deep in the heel area so it keeps your foot straight.:biggthumpup:
Jimmy, look at the pics.......... to install footholds you would have to take the right side foothold and install in on the left and vice versa........... you would have to point your feet inward............. Unless you built up some blisters on the sides of the ski itself, but that would be kinda screwy.

I am interested in these foot srtaps but I am worried that my feet wont slip out to easy when I need them to. I had footholds in my sxi pro but your feet are not really locked in like they would be with the straps. And where can I buy a set at?

Top Bottom