footholds??

Hi All

have a few questions regarding footholds after riding a ski fiited with them for the first time on the W/E.

Foothold were richters others might not have the same problems?

the two main problems were 1: they seem to far back, they appeared to be in the same position as most pics on here with my heel sitting at the start of the tail kick but it felt like the pole was to short (standard length pole). How far forward can you have them without hitting the exhaust?

2: They limited the amount I could bend my legs due to the front of my ankles hitting the little wing that goes over the top of your foot, mainlly noticable when preloading for a bunny hop.

So I want to know are these common probs with f/h's or were this setup just not "setup" right. i.e: moved further forward and more padding in the front to move my ankle further back from the wing would have them feeling comfortable.

The main reason for the questions is that I trying to decide between straps or footholds to fit into my ski (07 sj).

Cheers
Matty

the main thing with footholds is getting used to them some are deep and it feels like you can lose your foot in them as others are blunt like the 247's you only go in so far
you really just need to work it to your feet because im sure they were taken from a person's foot that was a differnt size than yours
if you want them farther up and they have a lip on the back take it down and go up to the exhaust tube you may cut out a notch to move a lil further up and just glass over
but its all in the way you turf and how comfortable your gonna be
more padding helps you can also sand it down in some area's to the contour of your foot... and yes the pole will feel a lil short at first but you get used to it
good luck with your decision

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
How tall are you? If youe are shorter you may want to move your footholds foreward a little. I put Diggers in my RN today. The diggers right foothold is molded with a small incline on the bottom to clear the pipe. I cut further foreward in the ski than needed and still didn't see the pipe.
I think it may vary a little from ski to ski.

thanks for the replies guys.

LBE: yeah mate I'm a short a** only 5'9" but from what you guys have said if setup right I shouldn't have the problems I on that ski yeah?

Cheers
Matty

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I'm 5'8" I stuffed my WCF footholds 12" from the front of the tray. 12" is the measurment where the toe starts in the holds. Had the cut out bottom of hold, used glass and foam to seal it up. There is about a .5 - .75" ramp in the front of the toe, with proper padding and turf you won't even notice.

They seem about 2" further forward than conventional hold installment.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
have you actually ridden the boat with footholds et?

on the trailer, the ski is so flat you have to lean over it doesnt feel natural in the footholds.

In the water, the nose comes up and it feels less awkward.

It is all in what you get used to I have my REV footholds all the way back and have a -7 inch steering setup. I am only 5'6" and don't even think of the placement of the footholds.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
I thought the same thing when i first got footholds but just rode and now i love where they are i think you'd lose some leverage moving them forward...i like having the control of both back corners of the ski.

Top Bottom