Freestyle Footwear ???

So in 2013 my seadoo boots got torn apart, so I'm looking for a reliable, freestyle proof set of footwear, any recommendations and where can i get them, as i am in Canada
Thanks

Last edited:
I used to wear sandals all the time, right now I am using Adidas neoprene low cut shoes which I bought from Winners. They're ok but my favorite wearable feet so far have been my last pair, Akona Titanium dive boots. I think mine were 3.5mm thick. I think you can get them at just about any dive shop or if you have one, a Source For Sports store. That is where I bought mine from for 50 bucks. Not only do they have great traction, they have great support and are good for swimming when needed. With my Adidas, I can't go anywhere near a beach or ramp with gravel, I always on every ride get pebbles inside them. It is not fun stepping on stones for two hours or trying to get them out while floating around in the middle of a busy lake. These guys have never given me that problem being high cut like they are, they also have a dealer locator on their site too.

http://www.akona.com/product.php?product_id=96

http://www.akona.com/search.php

Attachments

• 96.2_AKBT131v2.jpg
    96.2_AKBT131v2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Product review section.. There's a thread in the handling section on footwear.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Try these from mountain equipment co op. Thery are what i wear but the price has gone up. They were 25 bucks last spring.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5021-651/mec-moque-boot-high-unisex/

I've been using those wetsuit material boots for too long. With footholds and without. Aside from some warm feet, they are too flexible and offer no ankle support or heel protection.

Besides falling apart, what didn't you like about those jet pilot shoes? Are the heels too thick and feel like work boots?

I've been using those wetsuit material boots for too long. With footholds and without. Aside from some warm feet, they are too flexible and offer no ankle support or heel protection.

Besides falling apart, what didn't you like about those jet pilot shoes? Are the heels too thick and feel like work boots?

i bought a pair of the jet pilot shoes,used them a few times and didnt really like them, they now been sitting now as backup shoes for me. they are very stiff and thick on the sole.
been happiest with slippery liquid race boots, thinner soles but also have pretty good support,laces stay tied with straps over them last pretty long also.. on my 3rd pair and still happy with them.
i think they run slightly smalll in size,(im a size 12 shoe and the xl was kinda tight on the toes, have the 2xL now and there good.
upload_2013-12-28_23-39-47.jpeg

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Slippery and Seadoo have both made a decent riding shoe at one time or another but even with a short riding season they still weren't lasting me more than two years. They stopped making the Seadoo shoe I really liked otherwise I'd still be buying them.

It's hard to beat the Asics in the footholds but I do find myself wanting more ankle support while I ride. I also find they soften up and the sole floats on my foot leaving my feet raw in spots about halfway thru the day.

I haven't tried any of the jetpilot gear but it all looks to be of at least equal quality as Slippery and Seadoo.

Dale, listen to the guys that recommended the teva gnarkosis. you CANNOT go wrong with these shoes. they are light weight, they drain fast, they dry fast, and they look great. Mine held up through 1 season so far and they look brand new

Old_Skool

Site Supporter
I've been using Jettribe race boots. Good support, light, grippy, comfortable. Though a bit on the expensive side at $100.

I'm gonna try some wrestling shoes. See how they fit, hard for me to find a shoe that fits comfortably on my left foot. I was in a 3 wheeler wreck when I was a kid. Lost circulation in my foot they had to split it open relieve the pressure had to have skin graft.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

deftons56

Brian
Skate shoes, I had some thin wrestling type shoes and when I tried my old skate shoes I was way more comfortable and they locked in better with all the padding.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom