Other for the vw/audi guys..

Sweet, I made my MK4 1.8T GTi to haldex AWD had around 500awhp and was a freaking blast to drive. I miss it and want to build something else.

That S3 is freakin Quick!!! I was a MK3 VR6 guy myself but haven't owned one in awhile. They were fun cars!

yes, def fun, i built this mk3 sleeper for a friend about 10yrs ago.. little over 500 whp. good times!
toddvr6.jpg

i had a 98 gti that i built. built 2.8 vrt with a t67 pulled arches, rs's, all done in my garage lol. Got a PVW feature with my brother (mk4 1.8t with a 50 trim) in July of 08.

Now i just play with my skis and jap cars (06 evo which i sold - 400 whp on stock turbo, now 2007 wrb sti)

i had a 98 gti that i built. built 2.8 vrt with a t67 pulled arches, rs's, all done in my garage lol. Got a PVW feature with my brother (mk4 1.8t with a 50 trim) in July of 08.

Now i just play with my skis and jap cars (06 evo which i sold - 400 whp on stock turbo, now 2007 wrb sti)

i have a feeling we prob know some of the same vw guys on the island.. i still do dubs but not as much, porsche 997t's been the craze now.. if your ever out at obi or captree on sun morn's theres about 7 or so 997's there i built from ranging 700-1000whp on e85.

I love seeing modded VW's done right. I work at a VW/Subaru dealer. I only get to see the stock stuff and all the hack jobs that are done by people that don't have any business modifying their own cars. I've always wanted to do a R32 with twins. I had to do some work on a HPA R32 a few months ago. Really run to drive.

Madness maker. Post up a pic of that mk1 2.5. I haven't seen one of those boosted yet, I imagine it would have plenty of torque to help spool a turbo.

i have a feeling we prob know some of the same vw guys on the island.. i still do dubs but not as much, porsche 997t's been the craze now.. if your ever out at obi or captree on sun morn's theres about 7 or so 997's there i built from ranging 700-1000whp on e85.

Most likely. I'll post some pics later, its to early and i have to get to work.

Very cool about the 997's. I fell into evo's and sti's because of the affordable power and daily drive ability.

Where in long island are you located? I was in baldwin harbor when i had the VW but moved to freeport with fiance recently.

Madness maker. Post up a pic of that mk1 2.5. I haven't seen one of those boosted yet, I imagine it would have plenty of torque to help spool a turbo.

some random pics of my mk1 2.5t project, still in the works(work on it when my ski lets me, lol) no turbo on motor yet, goin with borg warner 83mm afr or garrett gt37 hta. trying to keep it around 2300lbs and 600-700 awhp.. it should be "good" ;) http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/jberacing/mk1 turbo/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
Most likely. I'll post some pics later, its to early and i have to get to work.

Very cool about the 997's. I fell into evo's and sti's because of the affordable power and daily drive ability.

Where in long island are you located? I was in baldwin harbor when i had the VW but moved to freeport with fiance recently.

im in massapequa area.

some random pics of my mk1 2.5t project, still in the works(work on it when my ski lets me, lol) no turbo on motor yet, goin with borg warner 83mm afr or garrett gt37 hta. trying to keep it around 2300lbs and 600-700 awhp.. it should be "good" ;) http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/jberacing/mk1%20%20turbo/?albumview=slideshow
Thats going to be sick, I had about 500awhp in my gti and it was nasty i loved it. I want to get the new TT RS or a golf R (wish it had the 2.5 in it) ..

That :):):):) is pretty nuts. I used to be a vw guy, my brother and i had a PVW feature in 09. He had a mk3 vr-t with a precision 67 and i had a built 1.8t with a 50 trim. IMO that scene went to garbage though.

Top Bottom