Ford not warranty rear end

CRJ

Hibernating
If I had 500 to spend on a nice beach cart then yes it's possible. I currently have other important expenses. But since I have this rental for the time being. It's gettin dipped for sure haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That beach cart cost me $35 in PVC. Tires were free. no need to spend $500.

on a side note rebuilding a diff will cost your around 800-1200.

If your diff is hot enough to to cause contacting when it hits cold water, there there's something else to worry about other than dunking it under water.... To solve the water entering down the vent, do like said before and run a longer vent tube. As for the hot rear end, let ford sort that out. No reason it should get hot unless something is wrong with it or in it

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Time to buy a beach cart and a hitch hauler dude. Or a trailer.

Even better just drive the truck in head first next time.

fb7cb5d7a7c4fa473900230ded394f64.jpg

Agreed. I have a hard time being a douche like that. But I guess that's why karma works like it does and his truck is broken.
I drive a ford. My rental is a ford, I just found this pic and thought it was funny how deep they went.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
I back my 98 GMC thats lowerd 5/6 in just like the dodge pic posted earlier. Going on what 5yrs now with no problems. Whoever thinks that by doing that your screwing the next guy obviously has no idea what owning a truck means. I'll have this bit*h for another 30+yrs, next guy doesn't matter as I'll be dead at that point.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I back my 98 GMC thats lowerd 5/6 in just like the dodge pic posted earlier. Going on what 5yrs now with no problems. Whoever thinks that by doing that your screwing the next guy obviously has no idea what owning a truck means. I'll have this bit*h for another 30+yrs, next guy doesn't matter as I'll be dead at that point.
I hotshot cars on a 50 ft 3 car trailer behind a 03 Silverado 3500, I do 2500 miles or more a week, I don't need any pointers on what trucks are made for. Especially from a guy who lowers a truck, yeah that's real useful. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Well this post has clearly got off topic. Some trucks have something to differentiate between water and air. So some trucks it can damage and some might now even know the difference. I was just tellin people to maybe double check their diff oil if they dip their trucks. And to end on a good note. Ford went for my appeal and paid for 75% of the parts needed to fix the rear end paid for. Happy riding guys

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Well that's a damn good way to end it. 75% is far better than nothing. If they are already having documented failures then the water intrusion is irrelevant. Correlation is not causation.

I opened up the rear end on my 02 Ram to change an oil seal and found water and rust everywhere. I had no idea how long it had been in there but I cleaned as much out as I could, replaced the bearings and seals and ran it for another 175,000 miles. (326,000 total)

Yeah so everybody check their fluid regardless. Let's make those trucks last longer

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Good to hear OP, glad it worked out for you.
I hotshot cars on a 50 ft 3 car trailer behind a 03 Silverado 3500, I do 2500 miles or more a week, I don't need any pointers on what trucks are made for. Especially from a guy who lowers a truck, yeah that's real useful. Thanks anyway.

Ok I'll bite. I never said anything about what trucks are made for, I said what owning a truck means. And to that end, how exactly did lowering hurt my trucks ability to be a truck exactly? With the helper bags in the rear I can load and tow anything a 1/2ton 98 gmc was ever rated to do and a lot more if I don't care about DOT. I can load and unload my motorcycles by myself since the ramp has almost no angle and I can step up into the bed while pushing and my tailgate is at water level to load and unload the skis by myself if needed. I think lowering is working out pretty well for me. If your gonna go the 4x4 excuse, trucks were 2wd originally and made for work, not off roading.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Good to hear OP, glad it worked out for you.

Ok I'll bite. I never said anything about what trucks are made for, I said what owning a truck means. And to that end, how exactly did lowering hurt my trucks ability to be a truck exactly? With the helper bags in the rear I can load and tow anything a 1/2ton 98 gmc was ever rated to do and a lot more if I don't care about DOT. I can load and unload my motorcycles by myself since the ramp has almost no angle and I can step up into the bed while pushing and my tailgate is at water level to load and unload the skis by myself if needed. I think lowering is working out pretty well for me. If your gonna go the 4x4 excuse, trucks were 2wd originally and made for work, not off roading.

I'd have to say what owning a truck means and what they're made for kinda go hand in hand. Anyways, im out. You just reminded me of why I don't post much here anymore.

Top Bottom