Freestylefest 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnothing3

give me fuel give me fire
Date has been set. Sept. 20-21!!!

like years past,
Sept. 20th in Ipperwash, Canada
Sept. 21st. in the hothole. Monroe, MI. We may be putting in and chilling in a different spot though. more info to come

Last edited:

The Timmer

killin sj's
I rode Sunday last year. It was a ghost town.... Had to drag the ski 100yds out to get it floating, dead flat...

hmmm i dont remember having to drag the ski out that far...o well i still thought it was sweet with 2-3 footers rollin in with all the beach....hothole was sweet but i got eaten alive by seaweed on the way back and just felt like i was going to collide with someone when riding...i would deffinatly stay for 2 days of riding if others are interested

kingnothing3

ipperwash is usually pretty cold that time of year. thats why freestylefest started in the hothole because it was a perfect time to get one last ride in on warm water. The first day in ipperwash was to take care of some of the crowding in the hothole.

I am working on having freestylefest off doglady island and riding a LOT shorter distance to the hothole and no seaweed to dodge and get caught in. Also there is a vollyball court, firepit, small bar. I need to drive out there and get more info yet.

If everyone wants to ride a second day at ipperwash your more then welcome. I personaly love riding in the hothole. we lucked out last year and had a beautiful weekend. In the past it has typically been cold overcast and gray, thats why the warm water is so appealing.

give me more opinions guys and Ill start setting things in stone.:biggthumpup:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
hmmm i dont remember having to drag the ski out that far...o well i still thought it was sweet with 2-3 footers rollin in with all the beach....

Sunday you would have had too, 100yds out (okay maybe a a bit less) and the water was about 4". There wasn't a ripple, let alone 2-3 footers.

Fro Diesel

creative control
I had a really good time just going to the hothole. I partied at Jamie's place and he had everyone crash out there...good times. Having a place away from all the boaters would be cool if it is warm again next year. Just a place to isolate us from anyone causing trouble.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
It says locations TBA but my best guess would be

Sept 20 Ipperwash
Sept 21 Hothole (or other US location)

Guys usually like to party in MI overnight than ride in the morning.

kingnothing3

It says locations TBA but my best guess would be

Sept 20 Ipperwash
Sept 21 Hothole (or other US location)

Guys usually like to party in MI overnight than ride in the morning.

exactly. it will still be in ipperwash on the 20th. and the hothole on the 21st. might have found a better spot to put in.

There is an island on the north side of the hothole that has a boat ramp and a road right to it. the boat ramp isnt as big but I think it may be a way to avoid the boats, avoid the killer seaweed, have a place for family and friends to hang out, play volleyball, and cook food on the grill.

I need to go check everything out before I set anything in stone. was waiting till everything warmed up around here before I do it. This weekend might be a good time if I dont have to work.

FJXP

I wish I had a million $
Nice....

exactly. it will still be in ipperwash on the 20th. and the hothole on the 21st. might have found a better spot to put in.

There is an island on the north side of the hothole that has a boat ramp and a road right to it. the boat ramp isnt as big but I think it may be a way to avoid the boats, avoid the killer seaweed, have a place for family and friends to hang out, play volleyball, and cook food on the grill.

I need to go check everything out before I set anything in stone. was waiting till everything warmed up around here before I do it. This weekend might be a good time if I dont have to work.

Sounds SICK...I can't wait....i have never been to hothole, but heard good stuff, so as for staying 2 days at ipperwash i would say YEH !:arms:

But this year i'm gona try to come to hothole if you guys all go...

Fro Diesel

creative control
Count me in both days! Cool idea about the new spot Kingnothing... I heard that the seaweed is a PITA at the hothole.

nah Eric it wasn't THAT bad. I had no idea to watch out for it and drive kinda to the center of it. I was like what's all that black chit.....oh crap. I justed off my ski instead of sucking stuff up. It was at this time a chick on a couch went straight into it at full speed. I had to clean her pump and we just headed back out and around. No issues, just a bit longer ride:439:

FJXP

I wish I had a million $
QUOTE=turbo626;471701]nah Eric it wasn't THAT bad. I had no idea to watch out for it and drive kinda to the center of it. I was like what's all that black chit.....oh crap. I justed off my ski instead of sucking stuff up. It was at this time a chick on a couch went straight into it at full speed. I had to clean her pump and we just headed back out and around. No issues, just a bit longer ride:439:[/QUOTE]

" I had to clean her pump and we just headed back out and around. No issues, just a bit longer ride " = LMOAO :You_Rock_Emoticon:[

ballen

X

Probably the same one your talking about.... but theres a spot right off E. Dunbar thats seems to lead right to the hothole.
You could also do sterling state park, But it's a much further ride to the hole.

Last edited:
where is the canadian spot, all about the canidian laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom