Fresh engine probably 30gals and boom

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
Hey guys pulled off my head today just curious what she was looking like after I broke it in. I rebuilt my carbs last night because the last time I was out it lost a little power and the carbs were really wet and leaky. But sure enough I pulled the head. The rear cylinder was totally roached.. I'm having bad luck with this engine. Luckily I just picked myself up a spare round nose.. Maybe I jinxed myself :(
dehagyze.jpg
so I'm looking for a engine or a top end. Also need a head anyone let me know what they have

One pic isn't much to go on, but the bottom of the transfer port looks like the sleeve is cracked, something came apart like a bearing cage or reed valve breaking apart. Topend needed atleast.

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
za3ynude.jpg
vu3ygy9e.jpg
tu8y7e4e.jpg
3u8ebesy.jpg
e9u2yju8.jpg
a7eqejy5.jpg
ahydu2ag.jpg
za4ymuje.jpg
6ybemedy.jpg
azu2u6yg.jpg
evujehus.jpg

I suspect I lost a circlip. But why is the other piston and cylinder still messed up so badly after such few hours.

Looks like you seized that a few times. At operating temperature those pistons are a near press-fit in the bore. The only thing stopping the piston from kissing the cylinder wall is the oil. When oil reaches a high temperature it flashes, burns and the piston meets the wall. High heat could possibly be a combination of overheating, lean mixture, high compression, advanced timing. Or it could be improper piston-cylinder wall clearance.

What happen in the worse cylinder? It looks like something let loose there.

Old_Skool

Site Supporter
In that last pic it looks like the wrist pin circlip worked it's way out. Hence the deep grooves in the cylinder wall.

Top Bottom