Other Front foothold preference- Tomski or Pancake Pete

tom21

havin fun
I had the TOM21 FFH w/extinguisher holder, but never got installed in the ski it was going to go in. BUT the hinging part of the door was just the turf as the hinge, one full piece glued to the door section and cut around the sections.
no there is more in there than the turf to hold the door on it. turf could tear, and then you lose the door and extinguisher. I would not do that. it has multiple straps as attaching points.

tom21

havin fun
well what would be the ideal setup? I have a few new things I am working on and wouldnt mind doing a new front hold if I can get some good feedback on what is working and what is not.

pros and cons of whats currently on the market?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
no there is more in there than the turf to hold the door on it. turf could tear, and then you lose the door and extinguisher. I would not do that. it has multiple straps as attaching points.

That's right there was a couple straps.. It's been awhile since I've seen it. My bad. Sorry Tom. :)

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Speleopower

got a Superjet
I like the Pancake foothold. Quite comfy and easily installed. Took me an afternoon. Mine is bolt in. I put 2 new bolts near the top and use the 2 lower ebox screws for the bottom. Seems to work quite well for me.

Attachments

• IMG01004-20111130-2131.jpg
    IMG01004-20111130-2131.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG01003-20111130-2131.jpg
    IMG01003-20111130-2131.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG00983-20111120-1808.jpg
    IMG00983-20111120-1808.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 119

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!

Don't you use web strapping applied into the wet glass?

I've seen the Tom21 hold. It definately has more holding it together than the turf. I like the way he did the hinge. I prefer to have as little metal on a ski as possible.

That Fx1 clip is just super clean. Great idea.

I do really like the look of the Pete hold.

I've ridden a few skis with front foot holds, but I never asked, so the only hold I know I have used for sure is the Tom21. It fit well but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom