300/440/550 FROZEN Jetmate ...

Wow .. crazy .. I have two jetmates one with no engine and one with .. both were wrapped tight and the one with engine better and had extra precautions.. of couse the oe with no engine was bone dry .. my other well a picture tells a thousnds wors so here goes ..
droped in a 750 last summer fresh crank and top end .. top end ran low comp guess machine show bored to large was at 120 when installed .. well after pulling yea i may have saved it .. i is now about 115 a side .. hopeull it goes up when warmer .. or maybe ( i hope ) my cheap ass tested reads way low LOL ..
If you have a jetmate store it IN a garage LOL . !!
or at least loosen the hull shaft bearing and move forward to allow water to get out ! :frown:

Attachments

• DSC01941.jpg
    DSC01941.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01939.jpg
    DSC01939.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01940.jpg
    DSC01940.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01942.jpg
    DSC01942.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01944.jpg
    DSC01944.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
so good news is case seems intact and engine actuallly not too bad .. starter ok stator bone dry and clean ... drained the ise cold water out flused with gas over and over ,, sprayed wd 40 oiled up then rinsed out with gas again .. loosk pretty clean no sign of rust crank tursn smooth and quite .. I am going to try and run her again .. what do you guys think .. I know it prob should be puled completly apart but ....
this was a fresh engine last season with new seals gaskets good crank fresh top end .. etc .. what a shame ...

Attachments

• DSC01947.jpg
    DSC01947.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01950.jpg
    DSC01950.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01952.jpg
    DSC01952.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01953.jpg
    DSC01953.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 27
run that sumbitch!

ice in the jetmate.... i never thought of that, being in south FL.....

all the jetmates ive ever scored were sunk on the trailer because the owner didnt take precations.

i keep a rule "pwc bilge pump" on mine. it comes on every 2.5 mintues for a half a second or so. if it senses an amp draw (pushing water), itll run till theres no more amp draw.

surfjetlouie drilled an tapped a hole, next to the bilge pump and unthreaded the bolt whenever the boat was out of the water.

id guess that a regular plug assembly could be mounted.

good luck!

look closely at the one pic yo can see i had a back up battery on in the winter with a flat switch .. but guess it doesnt work with frozen water LOL the batter is even under the ice .. I actulay think it wasok untill about a week ago we got some rain so tat when it prob went over and dumped in from the carbs , yea iam planningon runnin her .. loosk likeshe came clean... crank was under water so less oxidization that way and as soon as i pouered ater outit was flused and reflused so.. yea nothing to loose as I see it ... plus i ahve a new cylinder and piston kit here ... so if she goes she goes .. LOL .

Top Bottom