Other Fuel Line???

Which fuel line?

• Total voters

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
That definitely looks like some heavy duty fuel line.
I use 3/16 tygon..Completely different material, but from what I know it's pretty good!

I get mine from McMasterCarr. There's a thread on here with all the part numbers. The 3/16 is the way to go they fit on the nips really tight so you don't have to worry about them sliding off.

I get mine from McMasterCarr. There's a thread on here with all the part numbers. The 3/16 is the way to go they fit on the nips really tight so you don't have to worry about them sliding off.
Ya it's around a $1 a foot. Great stuff but only yellow in color.

The cold fusion stuff is same quality at a better price and in different colors.

I love the clear lines because you can see through it, obviously. But my problem has been with the ends, they seem to strech and leak, and if you put metal bands on them...they seem to rip. I havn'e tried the Cold fusion yet, so a bit of feedback on this issue would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
The OEM fuel hose works great with metal hose clamps, but the clear lines are softer, so zip ties work perfect without ripping the line.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
And with the 3/16 you could run without hose clamps or zip ties if you wanted to, because it's so tight!

im using cold fusion and im happy with the quality and durability, but it is loose on the fittings so the oetiker claps are a must but really a pain in the ass. saw some motion pro (motocross industry) fuel line and it was OEM quality on a spool.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I use OEM for the pickup line and cold-fusion for the return line. OEM line will last 15-20 years.

Cold-Fusion red is really pink or very light red.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Fuelines.biz has good stuff too. Tygon from McMaster is ok but relatively soft for our vibration prone environment. The fuel lines.biz stuff works well and last a while. It seals fine with zip ties or small oteikers. I've used both lines with great success. Oem rocks but is not available in bulk.

From what I gather, the OEM is the best in sense of maintanence free. I don't care about the looks, just don't want to worrie if my lines are leaking or hardening, pluging my carbs. So question is, where can we get something OEM quality in bulk? Links would be appreciated....

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
From what I gather, the OEM is the best in sense of maintanence free. I don't care about the looks, just don't want to worrie if my lines are leaking or hardening, pluging my carbs. So question is, where can we get something OEM quality in bulk? Links would be appreciated....

Jetski carbs don't get "plugged" unless you introduce debris past the inline filter, which is tough. Most of the suggestions here are good for several seasons worth of use. For the 15-20 bucks it cost every year or two, at lest for me, changing lines isnt an issue. (You should be doing some additional maintenance in that time anyway.)

Mcmastercarr.com for Tygon, or heavy duty auto style black.

Fuel lines.biz for the colored options.

I've used both and have no complaints.

Top Bottom