SX/SXi/SXi Pro fuel primer

Bought a 750 sx that had the choke plate removed. the guy that owned was the second owner and definatly not the guy who had done the work on it. he kept saying he just never had time to install a primer but there was one already there. my question is where do you guys t into the fuel and is the place pictured on the carb the correct place to put the fuel in. thanks
john

heres what i got
bs176.jpg

bs174.jpg

bs177.jpg

The pictured spout on the carb is correct. Buy a "T" fitting (1/4 X 1/4 x 1/8 i believe) and place it on the "Return" fuel line. I've never messed with the bulb type primer but it works the same way. You'll just have to figure out which line is the vaccuum and which line is the pressure (on the yellow primer lines).

jstuntin

When in doubt Rol'm out
primer

we had the same problem on my buddies ski. First thought the primer was bad tried mad different ways haha (somehow) but we end up taking the primer putting one hose in a reg. gas tank and if it didnt suck up the line we switched so the other one was in and the first line was outside the tank. Finally realized it that way if that helps you at all. good luck

jstuntin

When in doubt Rol'm out
line

by the looks of the pic you have the yellow line on the carb which i think is folded in half and zip tied? is the on you want to obv. be the return and t off the inline main going to the carb like the first guy told you

The problem with splicing the return line is when you run out of fuel on the main tank and switch to reserve, or if you run dry and then refill, there will no no fuel in the return line to prime the engine. (not saying this isn't a good option)

if you splice the main fuel line for the primer then you'll be more likely to have fuel for the primer. The problem with this is if you get a leak in the primer, or main line, you could suck in air and run a little lean.

you decide though, either on will work with limitations.

Top Bottom