Fuel Tank Mod!

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1

tom21

havin fun
hey I never thought of that. use reg stuff I have already and go to the cycle shop and use the tank recoat stuff- I have used Creem or cream before on rusty auto tanks works great, awesome idea. :pat:

tom21

havin fun
for that matter it fills holes too, maybe use it to remake the inside of that cut up tank, it wont have to stick cause it will make a whole new inner shell. its worth the 12 or 16 buck to give it try.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I have a soldering iron airless type plastic welder that I bought to repair my 4-Wheeler plastic. Well those things are a joke. Unless you have the heat exactly right, the exact same plastic filler rod, and weld area/welder tip perfectly clean the weld won't hold. I have never tried a hot air welder but they may work a little better.

If I ever need a custom tank, I will just make one from aluminum. Also that cream stuff works great. I have used it on several rusted metal tanks with great success.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I think the cream kit is intended for metal tanks only. The kit includes acid etching, etc. to prep the tank and get it to bite. BUT, I know there are coatings for carbon and fiberglass tanks out there.

I think the cream kit is intended for metal tanks only. The kit includes acid etching, etc. to prep the tank and get it to bite. BUT, I know there are coatings for carbon and fiberglass tanks out there.

I used the KBS coatings on a carbon fiber motorcycle gas tank as recomended by KBS and it worked well . The muratic acid in the kit was not used but the etcher was , only the procedure was a little different than with a metal tank.

TS Racing 9.5L (about 2.3gallon) Cart tank for $26 is all you need. They come with a pickup. I had about 45 minutes in the surf With a 780cc flattop motor. Its 3.5-4lbs lighter then a stock SJ tank.

I hope to be getting closer to a hour on my new setup with a Tapor bore single carb 62T/61x motor.

Light weight saves on fuel.

Top Bottom