Full throttle w/ no throttle ?

So I'm trying to finish up my 96RN build. I got the motor back in installed the factory pipe, carbs were rebuilt and rejetted, both high and low speeds jet screws set to factory specs. Besides the limited pipe the motor is stock. SO I cranked her over she fired up after 15 seconds and she seemed to idle fine. Hooked her up to the hose and fired her up again and again idling fine. Now I tried to give it some gas and all it does is bog. So i rechecked all fuel lines and the jet screws fine. Now started it up again idling fine and now gave it some gas it bogged down and almost stalled, let off the gas and then it a second or two later it revved up to what sounded like full throttle and I pulled the cord and pushed the stop button and she kept on screaaaming so I pulled fuel lines and finally after another 5-10 seconds it stalled. WTF happened can anyone give me some input on this. It was scary. I checked the stop button and the cord and they both check out ok. And I'm positive the throttle was NOT stock wide open even though thats how hard the motor was screaming.

WHERE-THE-SEAT-AT
DUDE AIR LEAK, pressure test that bioch if you did a complete motor rebuild. Next time choke/or prime it and give it full throttle, it will stop the reving

Is it possible an air leak on a gas line could be causing this? I have a primer on the res line and I think it may be letting some air into the line while it is sucking fuel...

Top Bottom