Super Jet Fun fact

djraider700

lol wut?
Paid $6200 for my brand new 2010 SJ. There weren't many decent used SJs for sale around my area at the time I was shopping for one. Plus it's pretty cool not breaking down every ride because you picked up someone else's hacked up ski. I don't regret it one bit.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
I disagree that if Yami and Kawi stop producing, the sport will die. There is a lot of aftermarket stuff happening right now and it is great for the sport. Maybe someone will come along and make a couple "stock" length aftermarket boats for the average rec rider just to keep newbs interested in the sport.

There will always be the rich old guy that walks up to this tiny little jetski (2013 superjet) at the boat show and says i will take one.
For example, my neighbor last year bought the only two sx-r in the state of michigan just for his kids to ride. There will always be a market
place for brand new stand-ups. When all of us look at the rich guys buying these ski's we think they are idiots because we all know what
we could build for 8 grand. Its the same for any hobby, take rc cars for an example. You can go out and buy a 300 dollar truck and race it
out of the box, but any guy that is into that stuff will have a better idea in how to spend less money but make it faster. My point is that just because
all of us wouldnt go out and buy a brand new one, there is still a very large group of people that will buy one for cruising or even for a work-out.

Honestly, $9000.00 is much more appealing than spending $15,000.00 on a short AM hull that you can barely do anything more than flips and rolls on. I can take that Stock SJ and go race, I can ride waves, flatwater freestyle, so many options. Add $1500-2000.00 (footholds, Pipe, Head, Prop, Turf, and Intake Grate) I have a ski that can do anyting but a back flip flatwater. Still more appealing than spending $15,000-$25,000 for a Hull that has very little variation in use.

Wait, where did $9000 come from for a new SJ?? http://www.yamahawaverunners.com/superjet

New this list for $8199.00

Mine was priced at 8149, after dealer fees and taxes I paid 8995. 9 grand would be a total rip off if you ask me :smokin: lol

The odd rich guy or racer is about the only buyers for factory boats since kids cant get financing anymore. I can justify $6000 for a new SJ, any more and A/M is more economical. But I already have enough parts to finish one, without that Im sure a factory boat would be worth more to me.

Hey guys got you covered , i have some stock SJ molds coming in about 3 weeks , i would hate for the sj,s to disappear ! I am going to start making them out of carbon fiber , not interested in fiber glass so you will not have to reinforce it ! The only down fall in not going to make 250 a year ! LOL , Not going to do it as a business just a hobbie , so i have all the time in the world ! im just happy to make for the people that ask !
Just want to make some good quality ski,s that people are wrapped with ! Good thread guys !

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
Hey guys got you covered , i have some stock SJ molds coming in about 3 weeks , i would hate for the sj,s to disappear ! I am going to start making them out of carbon fiber , not interested in fiber glass so you will not have to reinforce it ! The only down fall in not going to make 250 a year ! LOL , Not going to do it as a business just a hobbie , so i have all the time in the world ! im just happy to make for the people that ask !
Just want to make some good quality ski,s that people are wrapped with ! Good thread guys !

What molds? Square, round pre 08 or round post 08

Top Bottom