FX-1 FX-1 Impeller

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
What is everyone using for impellers???

My FX-1 has a SOLAS YC-2C-J 18-24 impeller!! what is this good for??? Low end, high end, both ???

There is no such thing as bottom end with a stock FX-1 pump. They can work somewhat well over 20mph in glass smooth water. Yamaha copied the most popular race setup at the time (550 with a 440 pump) and then installed a low rpm engine and cranked up the impeller pitch. High pitched props need a lot of inlet pressure to keep water from boiling over the front side of the blades. Sitdowns can get away with it while standups can not. If low speed thrust is needed get a different boat or change the pump.

If low speed thrust is needed get a different boat or change the pump.
all he wants to know is what aftermarket props will get the best bottom end in his situation

iridebmx - a 19-25 is decent but a 18-24 or lower pitch would be better - and then as kevbo said if you really want bottom end you need to do a pump conversion

Use the lowest pitch you can find and raise the engines rpm range. Like I said earlier, "there is no such thing as low end with a stock FX-1 pump".

Last edited:
I understand what I have.I have searched and searched this forum over and over and understand my pump is weak..I also understand the lower the pitch the more bottom end but I know there is a point where I can go too low.So since I am broke and cant afford the pump conversion yet I was just looking for the best option with my pump.Also, since I have this 19-25 sitting here in my garage was wondering if it would hurt or help me. Thank you MNTURBO

Top Bottom