FX-1000cc-66e

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Honestly I would take a sawzall and a grinder along with a generator or inverter and keep hacking at it till you get it like you want,thats the way the guys tune the rudders on ski boats,I have seen it myself at the Mastercraft factory.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I was plagued with the same "mystery toss". Here's a couple of things I did to tame the PUMP OVERLOAD.
1- Lose the top-loader intake grate, the pump is already overloaded.

2- Reduce the volume up towards the front of the inlet area. Scab in some blue foam and blend it in w/resin & cloth. The stock FX inlet area is adequate enough for
the Blowsion 144 mod,and Special FX's 650 kawi conversion without any overloading issues. They use a standard FX grates.
I still run a SJ non-toploader grate.

3- Trim the rideplate up in the rear, as to let the front of the boat to come up. This might be a problem with a stock rideplate. The 144mm pump sticks down and there might not be enough material left after grinding it leaving a hole. :disappointed:

Keep the "Tubbies" they help..After these mods my FX is finally manageable at top speed. :cheer:

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
Simple solution, set the pump back three inches. That is what I did on the F1/PRO. I did it in the mold but the simple solution for you is to stack two wear rings together. BAM!!!! Go ride!!! Also, did you get that thing hooked up yet? Good luck.

Jeff

Simple solution, set the pump back three inches. That is what I did on the F1/PRO. I did it in the mold but the simple solution for you is to stack two wear rings together. BAM!!!! Go ride!!! Also, did you get that thing hooked up yet? Good luck.

Jeff

The original plan was do do exactly that, but we ran short on time (and willingness to put more work into it) that is going to be our winter project to set the pump back. We definently got it to hook up now, we installed a 16/25 big hub solas and wow!!! Brian had blisters on his hands from trying to hold on to the thing. After several ride plate configurations we have come to the conclusion that the Tubbie II's have to go :thumbsdown: You can't even go over 3/4 throttle, as soon as the Tubbies get into the water the boat takes a hard turn (either left or right) and tosses your ass off. So as we speak Brian is cutting them off, I know a lot of people will say not to, but I think an FX-1 with a 992cc motor is a little different than a RN with a 701.......................IMHO

Glad to here you’re making good power now. How about some pics of the engine in the ski for the website? BTW next time I am cutting domes I can turn you out a set with higher compression.

Problem is not the tubbies. Flash's FX did the exact same thing without tubbies ( I know 'cus I got ejected at top speed by his ski). The cure is reducing the intake area. I don't think using the superjet intake on an FX is the right move. It requires you to move the intake forward on the hull and that seems to have a sh*tty effect on high speed handlling, plus it's just not necessary. It seems to cause the ski to track to one side or the other at high speed, ejecting the rider in the process. I defy anyone to hang on through this without backing off the throttle!

Tubbies actually helped a little on Flash's boat, I bet your's will be even more unstable without them till you address the root cause.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I imagine this might have something to do with the pump getting overstuffed - more than it can handle for the small hull.

To address the concern of the intake size it has been that way for over two years now. We have run every type of motor from a 701 to a stock 800 with no handling issues, it was still ridable at top speeds with the 992cc motor when we had a 12/17 scat in it. The problem surfaced when we put the 16/25 big hub in. The tubbies are now off the boat, Brian likes it a hell of a lot more without them. It still has some issues we need to work out but we will be confronting those in the next couple of weeks, for now its just baby steps, we are in uncharted territory so everything we do is trial and error here, no quick fix is readily available.

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
How is the testing going.

I have a high speed problem with my REV and a stock GP800. It toss about every one off. Wondering if the ride plate adjustments you made helped at all?
Dale

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I cant understand your trying to take nose pressure off the ski to stop it sinking in
I think your ride plate is 2 long
and yes the overstuffing the pump is very real and its a massive issue on gpr,s

it makes them buck like crazy

Top Bottom