FX1 for SN?

KR

www.krlines.com
So I called this guy on craigslist about his SN. He said he was looking for a FX1 hull. The deal is, is that we would keep our engines but trade everything else (hull, steering, pump, pole, everything except engine.) I looked at his SN last night and its really clean, (piloted by Ted Moore) however its HUGE! It looked like a boat to me. He also gave me the offer of purchasing a B pipe for $300. Now, would it make sense to put a B-pipe on a stock FX1? Or that big SN with the bigger pump? Oh and the SN comes with aluminum handlepole.

I do like to throw my ski around and ride in Oceanside...

So I looked at possibilities here....

1. Keep my FX1 and buy his b-pipe.
2. Trade hulls and buy b-pipe.

I would appreciate feedback,
thanks!

ski_crazy

ISJWTA member #5
I would keep the FX-1 and get yourself a SN hull and build it up. I personally would not get rid of the FX-1 just cause thay are hard to find. SN hulls are easier to come across.

Yeah, although to take full advantage of it you'll want to do the pump conversion too.

Regardless you can buy the pipe for 300 and turn around and sell it for 500

KR

www.krlines.com
Yeah, although to take full advantage of it you'll want to do the pump conversion too.

Regardless you can buy the pipe for 300 and turn around and sell it for 500

What your thoughts on these kawi pumps i keep reading about. it seems like its a bolt on process and pretty simple...

Its not quite a bolt on process, just takes a bit of grinding on the pump shoe and pump well. The 650 pumps process more than enough water for a 701 so its a worthwhile mod.

Search here there is a really good writeup on it.

run the stock pump in that fx...it will RIP! RIP i say it will RIP!

my surf fx1 has just a skat prop, top loader and bpipe...it is my favorite ski of all times..

takes some getting used to and definatly not for everyone.....bigger guys will work lots harder on a fx1 (by bigger I mean heavier), but that doesnt mean it cant be done..

yes the 144 pump will make it nasty, but the stocker with a decent prop and intake grate still makes great power

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
My wifes FX1 pump must be defective.

I added a skat swirl to it this weekend, and ran it, and it still wont get out of its own way.

scoop grate, and ext ride plate, and its on the rev limiter the ENTIRE time.

I wish I had a baseline for a correctly FX1 working pump before starting a pump conversion..

( ive ridden 3 in my life ( fx1s) and they all felt like this to me)

Top Bottom