FX1 on it's way here!

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Hubby has it on the trailer, tells me it looks good!

:arms::cheer::Banane01::arms::cheer::Banane01: :arms::Banane01::cheer:

I'll get pics posted when I can, but I'll be busy riding this weekend! Can't wait to test out the WDK footwells and everything else about this boat.

More later,
Sharon

Fx-1

thats great need more FX-1 riders.:Banane01:I have had mine for a year and really love it. I have rode the superjets but there is just something about the FX-1.the guy that I bought mine fromsaid it is a 550 on steroids, and he is right. good luck and good riding.:arms:

W

wydopen

sorry guys but there is one less on the water as of yestderday...we started stripping mine down and putting everything in a rn...

W

wydopen

where are you wydopen?

want to sell the hull?

california...id sell it for sure...it has an aluminum pole...im taking the motor carb elec pipe and assorted nicknacs that will work on the sj...come out and ride some surf and pick it up...i have a ski you can ride...

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
We got it Fri, knew it had questionable motor mounts, guy sent along a pair he had bought but not put on yet. So we yank the motor, battery, gas tank, water box, etc., clean & scrub everything inside, fix a few minor things, replace motor mounts, broken starter bolts, replace missing strap for gas tank, etc, etc. Isn't it amazing how much cr@p accumulates in the bottom of the bilge (and this was a fairly clean ski)?

Get it to the lake and it cavitates unbelievably!! We think (that is, my genius mechanic hubby thinks) the area around the pump (did these have a pump shoe?) is not well sealed. The grate is also pretty beat (stock and 12 years old) and the prop is rough. So we'll be getting a ride plate and intake from Jet Dynamics. Anyone have other brand suggestions they particularly like (and why)?

The prop will be coming off and going to Impros (of course) to be repitched. Unless someone has another suggestion for a new prop. What degrees do you boys run/recommend and any other tips for this cavitatin' fool?

What pipe do you guys like, everybody in for the B pipe? What are my odds of finding a decent used one for an FX1 (701 still)?

That's a start, anyway.

Oh, except for wydopen, if you part out, what do you want for the handlepole, ride plate, grate, etc.?

Thanks,
Sharon

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Thought about that, but can I get it rideable first, decide if it's really the boat for me, THEN think about putting the 144 in? :biggrin:

Has anyone tried Blowsion's bolt in pump kit? ANY chance there might be one of those out there that someone bought and never got around to installing? (Dream on, right?)

Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
dang, I wish that was easy logistically, my SON really likes my WIFE's FX1.

id get him one if I could find one.

california...id sell it for sure...it has an aluminum pole...im taking the motor carb elec pipe and assorted nicknacs that will work on the sj...come out and ride some surf and pick it up...i have a ski you can ride...

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Going to seal for now, thinking about the rest. Just barely paid for the ski! Now I'm looking at nearly the price of another ski just to make this one what I really want? Naw, we'll get it rideable, work on everything we can up until replacing the pump, then decide which way to go from there. Might take you up on that eventually, though, thanks.

Sharon

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Bonzia Bob did my conversion:biggthumpup::biggthumpup:
Here's my $.02
If you really plan on dooing a 144 pump conversion, don't spend $$ on that stock pump.

I'll let Bonzai chim in with a price, but it is about 1/2 as much as the Blowsion one and is the exact same thing! complete bolt in pump. I realize that for this ski thats like 1/2 the price of the ski but it really is the best mod you can do. My motor only had a head on it when I did the conversion and I noticed a huge difference.

For now
Seal that pump to the pump shoe (yes the FX has a pump shoe). You can find FX1 Scat props here and there. They come up more than you would think, but only comes in one pitch (14-20 or something high I think) . Thats fine cause it works good. Put the stocker in the trash if thats whats in it.
Not to ruin a sale for Wideopen, but I would keep the stock pole and shorten it 2-3 inches. just my opinion
FX1 bpipe chambers a little more difficult to come across used. FP has them new for $200 if you find a headpipe and manifold cheap.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Thanks for the wisdom. We're going to seal the pump shoe for now and see if it really is the boat for me. I could barely get it out of the water, had to come in at a long angle and feather in the throttle to jump at all. Iwould grab the throttle like my SN and it would cavitate so bad I nearly fell over the front of the boat a couple times - nearly stops dead. As bad as if I knocked the lanyard off! I'm used to my SN with a 760 and pipe w/good BRAAP. That baby JUMPS.

You're probably asking why would I change to the FX1? I wanted something more "flickable" for little ole' me. I just don't have the muscle mass most of you fellas have, so I thought maybe lighter and more tossable would be the way to go. I'm working on the skills set. Nearly got a 180 nose stab on the SN this weekend, still coming down too sideways to really be a good stab and have NO elegance whatsoever. Eventually I'll get there, I'm hoping the FX1 helps me down that path.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks,
Sharon

i am interested Bob, what sort of cost would be involved?

$650 painted ready to bolt in. All I need is the 144mm Super Jet pump and a FX-1 drive shaft. You will need to buy an impeller, I suggest the Scat 12/17 swirl, seemed to work a lot better than the 13/18 we tried first. If you have any questions just shoot me a PM :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom