Surfriding Fx1 or rn

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
I have been wanting to switch since i rode IDOK's F1pro... It made my sj feel like a tank. I found out I don't like the wide freestyle hulls, but do like the shorter length. So it only makes sense to go that direction and the price is like icing on the cake...

Big wide and long sponsons, widened tray, pump mod are the first things I will do...

650 pump, or yamaha sj pump??

I like the design of the kawi and would like to go that direction unless that is just a bad option.

Well I know for a fact wide tubbies are the way to go. You are more than welcome to try my chubbies at Daytona. I found the 650 pump to be a cleaner looking mod and many capabilities. SpecialFX has a 650 pump running a Scream 865 and it rips.

Ride a few and figure out what you like. That's what I did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom21

havin fun
I would love to see a few people swap skis and see if the kawi pump is up to the sj pump in chasingdaylites ski. I remain skeptical but am trying to keep an open mind. I just have never found any kawi to have the same thrust as a yami. jrslims old sxr would be the exception. but given what it took to make it that way, it would not be a fair comparison. I will be stalking on saturday and hope to get to meet and see some of these skis and riders.

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
I just did a 650 pump conversion and will ride in Daytona. But here is the thing. Flash FX has a SJ pump in his FX and it absolutely rips and I giggle like a school girl when I can get the last 1/4 tank of fuel out of his ski. Now into SpecialFX "Frankie" ski has a 148 kawi pump out of a 900 ZXI and well that boat is just runs retarded good. Now before you bash my stones. None of these guys are flatwater guys or their skis but I garuntee you get on their boats and be very impressed.

Awsome choice! Welcome to the dark side. But i must warn you everyone says the fx1 is unridable! Something tells me youll really like the 84lbs stock hull that has rocker and generally can be bought for 200 to 600 bucks! And as said above mine will be available for test ride at daytona as well!
where can you buy a fx1 hull?

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
You can find them here, PWCtoday, craigslist but you need to be extremely patient or lucky to find one local otherwise you're paying for shipping

You can find them here, PWCtoday, craigslist but you need to be extremely patient or lucky to find one local otherwise you're paying for shipping
im picking up a fx1 from craigslist today but i may not be able to get the title. I started a thread about the whole ordeal. After what i have read about the fx1 thats what i want. I never seem to learn things the easyway. Oh and i looked on pwc and couldnt find one.

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Fx-1 definitely has a fanbase but it's not the ski for most people. It is similar in size to a Kawi 440/550 with a narrow hull and tray but has it's advantages and is a much better ski IMO. I know of at least 2 on PWCtoday right now and I'm not even looking for one so you couldn't have tried very hard

Last edited:

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
so, the best thing to do is 144 sj pump?

Nick, the normal nj group will be there with 8 FX's with all different pumps and motors and tubbies. You know we let test rides happen. To be honest thats how I built mine. Riding all the guys skis and then building my own that way. I mean I have 19 1/4 in tray now

Top Bottom