fx1 or square nose?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
i am going to be mostly doing play around freestyle and im leaning more towards the fx1 because of it being lighter and more fun to throw around (as i've heard)

the one i am looking at has the 144mm pump, is that better or worse?

and how would the fx1 be for just cruising around, i am not looking at top speed but i dont want to be too limited

That thing will haul ass on the lake with that upgraded pump

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I think the stock (small diameter) pump is what causes the poor low end hit. The one you mentioned with the 144 pump should not have that problem....I think. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I think with the same setup (stock hull, modified motor, and 144 pump) the FX-1 should actually hit harder or at least launch better due to its smaller size.

Don't be missled by FX lovers! What you want is a square nose superjet, so buy the FX-1 and trade me the FX hull for a square nose hull I have. I'll sacrifice the square to you and see if I can think of something to do with one of those twitchy, unridable FX-1s:scratchchin:

Anything to help a brotha out :biggthumpup:

I don't own an FX-1 and wouldn't as my only ski since I have only owned round noses so it would be like learning to walk all over again.

But if I was just starting out I would get an FX-1. In stock form with just footholds and a impros prop they are pretty hard hitting it is just a blast to ride. It pulls like a train the kinda fast that just makes you laugh that there is that much speed and power from that little thing.

And if you want to sell later and put a little more money down to get you a newer ski I am pretty sure that I know a guy that needs a 2nd play toy that would take it off of your hands. :sneaky:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
And if you want to sell later and put a little more money down to get you a newer ski I am pretty sure that I know a guy that needs a 2nd play toy that would take it off of your hands. :sneaky:

Funny, but I'm sure you could sell it for what you pay for it, if you buy it.

Top Bottom