FX-1 fx1 vs superjet

If your replacing a 550 I would shoot for the FX. It is like a 550 with the punch of a SJ. Or since your a Kawi guy more punch than your used to.

The only bad thing about the fx-1 is the extremely tiny pump :( i put in a 144 sj pump as fast as possible. If you can find one already modded with the sj pump it is totally worth buying it.

Is the FX1 better for flatwater freestyle? There are a couple really nice FX1's for sale, but there are also a few sweet BOB's The FX1's are a bit cheaper and look pretty sweet.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Is the FX1 better for flatwater freestyle? There are a couple really nice FX1's for sale, but there are also a few sweet BOB's The FX1's are a bit cheaper and look pretty sweet.

Better than compared to what? a BOB FOR FLATWATER FREESTYLE? -Then probably not. But a very nice nimble boat chasing wake jumping toy that you can flick around like a stick with a pump mod and be less expensive then a BOB..Then yes! Great Boat in the Surf and mild chop to play around on. Ask yourself are you looking to really brap brap brap around in circles all day and pull a few back flips? or do you want to thrash around and ride hard having fun just being in control of a torquey lil bastard that will please day in and day out..? FX1 !!

just joe

Site Supporter
And don't let the FX-1 pump effect your decision too much. The stock pump with proper pitch prop works just fine until you have more power than the standard b-piped ported motor with an enhancer, head, and lightened flywheel.

It's a fun ski, and works well from flat to surf and everything in between.

Re-tuned

SXR = Biggest turd of all (unless you are chasing buoys)
SJ = smaller, lighter turd
FX-1 = snappy, fun 550sx

650sx = not worth the mention

I have one of each and I dig them both. But, the FX-1 is more fun than the SJ. Also, don't be overly anxious doing a pump swap in the FX. I have the basic core upgrades to my FX and it does not lack in any area.

Attachments

• Aski.jpg
    Aski.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 96
  • yams5.jpg
    yams5.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom