Surfriding Galveston Surf Spots

Where are the best areas to ride in Galveston? East beach? West? Do the local water authorities harass you guys riding surf? I've only ever rode the lakes and bayous.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
We have a group that rides most weekends and we hit Apffel Park, which is free, park on the beach but room is limited during the high season. Or down my 9 mile road on the other side of the seawall, both of them you don't get hassled by the cops too much unless you get too close to swimmers or the beach. You can also launch on the seawall I think its at 51st st, but it is usually way too overpopulated and you cannot leave your truck on the beach so parking it can be a pain.

I like surf side just down the road

Where at in surfside?

I've been out to Apfell park with the family, never with the skis though, just swimming. It has always been packed. Surf wasn't great when I was there, but that seems to be the case anywhere in Galveston. When do you guys start riding out there?

texh20racer

Waterlogged
We have been riding there off and on for a couple years now, but yea Galveston surf sucks in general most of the time no matter where you go, but speaking of which a couple years ago we got a good group together and went out and did some tanker wave jumping in the bay. Need to do that again sometime this year.

Where at in surfside?

I've been out to Apfell park with the family, never with the skis though, just swimming. It has always been packed. Surf wasn't great when I was there, but that seems to be the case anywhere in Galveston. When do you guys start riding out there?
We were riding in Surfside this past weekend. We go just east of city limits.

We have been riding there off and on for a couple years now, but yea Galveston surf sucks in general most of the time no matter where you go, but speaking of which a couple years ago we got a good group together and went out and did some tanker wave jumping in the bay. Need to do that again sometime this year.
was this the time that a pole got broken?? if so it was a good time

texh20racer

Waterlogged
Yea I think someone broke a pole also Luke snapped his handlebars and shawn's squarenose broke something and had to be towed back to the ramp.But everyone had a good time but if we do it again we need to go further down the ship channel where the tankers are going faster and making bigger wake. Like launch in San Leon and setup base out on Redfish island.

Sounds like fun. Would be cool to meet some local riders. I have an 1100 blaster and a SN to bring, and two or three WR3s that make good coolers/fuel stations if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down like a clown with a frown. Just finishing a SN build and should be done by tonight... Have another buddy with a SN and we have talked about going to Galv. this summer...

StillStand'n

I'll quit before I sit
Get out by the channel a low tide and its on. I put in on the Tx City Dike ( jetty) and hit the channel from there. The dike has a beach with a ramp close by. We'll hang out on the beach with the family and when a ship shows up on the horizon we head out. I always pray for the Toyota auto transport ship to roll through, you'll know it when you see it and you'll never forget it.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom