Other Garage Door Break-In You Can Prevent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just happened to friends of family. Going hunting for a week, the night before they loaded up their rig with bunch of guns and equipment. During night, while sleeping, someone opened their garage and empied it within a few minutes without them ever knowing, what a suprise they had in the morning!!! All it takes a cheap zip tie to prevent it, just do it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the pump jack style motors that are mounted on the side and this can not be done. Also for cheap money you can get the auto / manual dead bolts for garage doors. they can be wired into the motor or manual. Take the time to wire it and it saves you doing it manual.

or zip tie.

baxt3r

BBQ
I'll be doing mine today.

I have to say it's a little stupid that the news pretty much gives the thieves ideas. Some things probably shouldn't be put out there like this.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I'll be doing mine today.

I have to say it's a little stupid that the news pretty much gives the thieves ideas. Some things probably shouldn't be put out there like this.

What about the "how to" video she was mentioning? Is that legal to put on youtube?

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I dont know, just seems like there would be a law against making a video teaching somebody how to commit a crime. I guess it wouldn't be much of surprise if there isnt a law against that. Free speech and all.

Fro Diesel

creative control
I dont know, just seems like there would be a law against making a video teaching somebody how to commit a crime. I guess it wouldn't be much of surprise if there isnt a law against that. Free speech and all.

This isn't China. Have you ever been on the internet before?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
YouTube "bump key" and never feel safe again, in the garage or in your house.

We use the manual deadbolt on our garage door every night and during the week when we are not home. There's really only a few hours of the day when the latch is not thrown. We also have an alarm system and our retired in laws living right across the street from us.

My father in law has his opener on a switch so he can disable it from inside the house. I told him about them being able to pop the opener and he blew me off so I'll be sure to show him that video tonight.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Information doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Old_Skool

Site Supporter
Prevention... absolutely! But if a thief wants what you have their going to figure out a way to get it. Insure, insure, insure.

Top Bottom