Super Jet Gasket Wheel?

wydopen

onthepipe
Im doing a topend on my ski and the cyl base gasket is baked onto the cases and cyl..

i have zero time to work on it so i dont really have time to scrape it all off (its taking forever)

last time i did it my friend had a gasket remover wheel..it was like a little yellow rubber wheel with little fingers on it that u put on a die grinder and it took it right off..he got it off the mac tools truck prob 20years ago and now he cant find it...

i know you really arnt supposed to do that on aluminum cases but it worked fine last time (im actually prob doing more damage with the razor blade than that thing)

anybody use anything similar? the auto parts store didnt have one like that..im trying to get it done in the next day or two so i dont have the time to order online..

any suggestions would be appreciated..

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Top-end already? It can't have that many hours on it, can it?

Im doing a topend on my ski and the cyl base gasket is baked onto the cases and cyl..

i have zero time to work on it so i dont really have time to scrape it all off (its taking forever)

last time i did it my friend had a gasket remover wheel..it was like a little yellow rubber wheel with little fingers on it that u put on a die grinder and it took it right off..he got it off the mac tools truck prob 20years ago and now he cant find it...

i know you really arnt supposed to do that on aluminum cases but it worked fine last time (im actually prob doing more damage with the razor blade than that thing)

anybody use anything similar? the auto parts store didnt have one like that..im trying to get it done in the next day or two so i dont have the time to order online..

any suggestions would be appreciated..

wydopen

onthepipe
Top-end already? It can't have that many hours on it, can it?

its got allot..i got that motor in 2009 i think..

it stuck a ring..it ran away out of the water because i didnt check the freeplay on the throttle cable when i put a new trigger on and got really hot..

the pistons were pretty worn anyways from sinking when its big and theres allot of sand in the water..bore looks ok just going to hone it and new pistons..

Scorn800

Ride for life
Use can also use a fine grit rolex pad on a diegrinder. just turn rpms down on die grinder and go slow and don't stay in 1 spot long

hey buzz, i know what that wheel is and designed for. he was looking for "options".

its hard for me to trust anything you post, with that few of "thanks"

i think he was looking for options that would work, not some lame answer. and % of posts to thanks tells all. useless info

not that it matters, but the "thanks" option hasnt always been around. i had a lot of the post before the option.
thanks for your concern though.

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
trying to ride this weekend at the freeride?

yea if its not going to be crap

(which it probably will be)

THU NIGHT
W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NW 10 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 6 TO 7 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

FRI
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO
4 FT. NW SWELL 6 TO 7 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF
TSTMS.

SAT
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO
4 FT. NW SWELL 6 TO 7 FT.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
stop posting and start scrapping why spend the money on that tool you are not rebilding engines all of the time, nice work with the magazine go to that site everyday

Spray on gasket remover works great. Just spray on let soak then scrape off. Yea Pismo forcast sucks, but I will be there.

Top Bottom