gCASEy200 NON PAYING BIDDER ALERT SCAMMED ME...

First off let me start by saying, I can't believe one of our own is not paying up. Do not sell this guy anything, he will not pay you... Here is a recent ebay auction in which he was the high bidder... AND DID NOT PAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESO:IT&viewitem=&item=200140692640&rd=1

After the auction, I tried to contact him for 4 days via email.

I call his house and speak with his mother who knows nothing about it... figures. I leave my number, and kindly asked her to call me back.

Three days later I get an email.... Here is what I received...

" After doing my research to late i found out this will not fit on my XFT pole bracket, sorry for and problems, and i will cover the relisting fees, just give me your paypal adress and the amount, sorry

- gcasey200"

Seems to me the way ebay works is you pay up sucker......

Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
if he is offering to pay your re-listing fees, you arent out any money, if he is "one of our own"

why dont you cut him some slack?

I couldnt see the auction by the way, the ebay link didnt work.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
link no work....

but, he has offered to make it right......... put yourself in his shoes, what if you bid on something and it would not work, you could be stiff that person, pay for the item or just cover his out of pocket expenses to relist the item......

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
+1. As long as he hooks you up and pays for the EBay fees, I'd chalk it up to an "honest mistake" on his part for not doing research before buying it.

both points are right....

but when you bid, it is a BINDING CONTRACT

standard ebay business...you bid, you win, you PAY

Research should have been done BEFORE bidding on the item.........

that being said, Mouth and BK both make good points...

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I agree with your frustration, Spin, trust me- we sell on EBay all the time and there is nothing worse than having non-paying bidders....which we get a lot of. EBays crappy new policy of not removing negative feedback sucks too, since we used to be able to leave negative for them, and if they tried to do the same, EBay would remove it. Now, they basically leave it up to the buyer/seller to resolve issues and agree to mutually withdraw it. Dumb.
It definitely sucks, and I can totally symaptize with you. But at least the guy is offering to pay for your expenses. If it still ticks you off, you can file a non-paying bidder complaint with EBay Safe Harbor....let them investigate it, and I think they do take some action- suspend the buyer's account, force him to pay relisting fees, etc. The guy should have done his research first, you guys are right. But some people see stuff for sale, get all excited, and bid on stuff before they really read the so-called "fine print". I have done it myself. But I have paid for it and then tried to resell it later.

Like Idok says "it's a binding contract" I have done this before on a large ticket item that I was not able to use and ended up reselling it back on ebay for a total loss of $96. It was on a $700 item and it was my fault. I paid, i recieved and the I resold the item.

It would be cool if the seller did give some slack seeing how he is trying to make it right.

I say the seller trys to resell the pole and if it doesn't reach the amount that it was to be sold at the first time then Gcasey should pay the difference. .02

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

It will not work with my other craft, im sorry, i will pay for your listing fees of the item, and then relisting fees....
will that work for you?
I didn't even get a chance to call you back double sessions everyday for soccer. and didn't want to call you back at 8 oclock at night either, not knowing if you have kids that are asleep, or just on another time zone

I will make it right if you give me the chance
I didn't mean to do this, im not trying to scam you, or be a bogus bidder
If it would work with my craft i would have it, im not trying to stiff you, the other bidder was one of my good friends i will see if he wants it, i know it was a deal on this pole, especially for the condition it was in.

Last edited:
how will it not work, you either have a sj or a sxr, states cleary in the aution everything. what you do is buy it, then deal with it. try to make it work, doesnt then sell it again. you and your good friend knew what you were bidding on now you are pulling some b.s. cash out puss

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It will not work with my other craft, im sorry, i will pay for your listing fees of the item, and then relisting fees....
will that work for you?
I didn't even get a chance to call you back double sessions everyday for soccer. and didn't want to call you back at 8 oclock at night either, not knowing if you have kids that are asleep, or just on another time zone

I will make it right if you give me the chance
I didn't mean to do this, im not trying to scam you, or be a bogus bidder
If it would work with my craft i would have it, im not trying to stiff you, the other bidder was one of my good friends i will see if he wants it, i know it was a deal on this pole, especially for the condition it was in.

your sig says SXR, Why wont it work< that is what it came off of?

Mark44

Katie's Boss
i

both points are right....

but when you bid, it is a BINDING CONTRACT

standard ebay business...you bid, you win, you PAY

Research should have been done BEFORE bidding on the item.........

that being said, Mouth and BK both make good points...

X2
You win you pay.:grumble:

Resell it if you want to but you bid and won the auction.

I'd say it's a binding contract no matter who it is. Simply paying ebay fees doesn't guarantee that the relisted part will go for the same amount of money AND the seller has to wait that much longer to get any money. Learn your lesson, but you bought the part. Man up and pay for it or face the consequences.

Top Bottom