Custom/Hybrid Gen1/2/3 Bob hulls

Can anybody give me specs on what's the difference between the three? I hear a lot of opinions on these forums but can't seem to get simple facts.

What type of facts are you looking for?
Like lenght width weight facts...?
Or you want the difference of the angling on the bottoms etc, and shaping of bottom?

I know the G1 and G2 are VERY different hulls, but sure as heck cant like sit and tell you the difference in the angles of the bottoms and what not..

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
2010 Gen1 was the first hull the Ski Clinic made and produced in house. Took a 300sx, modified it to HELL, and the finished product was the Gen1.
No longer in production

2011 Gen2 was where we took everything we learned about production, strengths & weaknesses and ride-ability and improved the Gen1. Gen2 has adjustable footholds, lowered hood, improved pump duct, improved bottom deck, wider rails, higher quality finish. Gen2 won the APBA West Coast Nationals, IFWA USA Freeride and IJSBA World Finals.
Fiberglass - $4,000
Carbon Fiber - $5,500

2012 Gen3 is our newest model. Took the Gen2 and added very subtle changes that we wanted to make, such as a splash guard, redeveloped bulge, wider pump tunnel, tapered rails and a few body lines to the hood. We call it the 'Pro-Series' because the subtle changes were made to help with professional level of competition.
Carbon Fiber - $5,500

Thanks DK, that's what I was looking for. Just weighing out the options of what's available. I'm a runabout guy and trying to build a ski for half flatwater use and half surf this winter. I know it's a long time, but I'd rather do my homework now and start building then.
Buy a G2 or G3

Alot of peopel will say buy the gen 2 or 3 an i will agry, but i purchased a used gen 1 and like it alot i was a Bi#&!" too ryde a first but after some time i becomes soo muse more fun than a RN hull.

In the city. I def plan on riding one first, I've heard a lot of positives and negatives on the way it handles, so it's usually easier to ignore all the bs and try it out firsthand. I'd probably stay away from a Gen 1 stefan, when the Gen 2 offers everything improved.

No doubt go with the gen 2 but i got mine for 2 grand with`s was 50 % of a new one. And i think peopel need too ride hulls alot more before buying them

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Pm steve PWC. He is going to be building a gen 3 soon. He has had two gen 1's and a gen 2. He is located in island park near long beach. He is also a BOB dealer

I still have a lot to look into, that being Rickters and Trinity's. I just started this thread to justify what the difference was between the three. It's easier to get a concrete answer that way.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Just letting you know he is a local and can get you any of those hulls. Im sure he has some skis to test ride if that is what you want to do first.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
They are selling them as hulls. The post you may have read concerned supplying an MSO and HIN with the hull, which can only be done on a RTR ski assembled by the Ski Clinic.

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
are you selling the gen 3 as just a hull i read somewhere that you were only selling them RTR

They are selling them as hulls. The post you may have read concerned supplying an MSO and HIN with the hull, which can only be done on a RTR ski assembled by the Ski Clinic.

Yup, exactly what Matt said. We primarily sell them as hulls, however the new RTR builds that we do come with a HIN and MSO so that you can easily have the ski registered in your name.

Top Bottom