Getting Hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turfed for the first time with a kit a couple of week before. it took around 4 hours. I thought it would go faster.

took about the same the first time I did a kit.....

my fx-1 I did with just sheets and it took about 2.5 hours just for the cutting! and I had templates!!!!

once cut, maybe 3+ hours......in this weather contact cement takes freaking forever to dry...

take your time bro....plan on being up late......there's no excuse for hack turf jobs :cool2: :biggrin: but if you did...its not like anyone wouuld call you out on it or anything...:purr: :purr: :purr: :purr: :purr:

bronson, have you turfed before????

My bud Doug is a Maniac(sp) he and I did his boat in about 1.5hrs.... and it came out tits!:woot: Got her covered guys.:biggthumpup: It wont be perfect.... I didnt get it painted anyways:banghead: I suck..... Mod motor isnt in it either, I didint want to worry about tuning and what not.... its been a mad scramble. Im so stoked though... it should be a fun reliable boat.

My bud Doug is a Maniac(sp) he and I did his boat in about 1.5hrs.... and it came out tits!:woot: Got her covered guys.:biggthumpup: It wont be perfect.... I didnt get it painted anyways:banghead: I suck..... Mod motor isnt in it either, I didint want to worry about tuning and what not.... its been a mad scramble. Im so stoked though... it should be a fun reliable boat.

you can only turf as fast as the cement will dry! make sure your holds are padded...otherwise your feet will be all bruised up..:Banane01:

how would you know?

because my holds came pre-padded :biggthumpup:

btw.....I had my turf done by the same guy that did yours......he's gotten even better at it .:cool2: .........we added a special touch with a moo-cow kicktail! its under the turf, but there none-the-less!

i think bill's done like 5 sets of superjet turf with holds since january.....that dude is getting freaking GOOD at it!!!!

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
my mom asked me the other week how long I think Ill ride jetski's....

I told her instead of a coffin, just bury me in an old SJ hull....preferably NOT a squarenose :biggthumpup:

I want to go out in a viking funeral....just strap my corpse to my ski, set it all on fire & push me out to sea:skull2:

i want to be mixed up in some pre-mix race fuel, and go up in smoke!!! preferably in a s/j doin backflips and barrelrolls in 6-8' surf!!!
:haha: :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom