Custom/Hybrid geuss who rode the wdk 1200????

so i was on c-list looking for a smokn deal for some jet ski parts and vuala their it is a RN SJ hull for sale i call and it is a customer of wdk and the ski is at Jeff's shop (Ive met Jeff before Manny years ago) while talking about a price Jeff says you've gotta see this so we go to this building were the ,monsters are kept and he says ,we will be taking this out on Saturday if you want to ride it we will be at the river so i show up Saturday in Albany and ride the Willamette river i have never ridden the river before after watching Derrik do some back flips and Br's on the ski he says suit up if you want to ride it so i do, my first impression is this machine has an uncontrollable amount of power after a few minutes i accidental pull the lanyard (kill it) starts up just fine then it happens again and Zzz Zzz is all i get the Bendix but there not enough juice to start it so I'm think AWSOME I'm floating down the river with someone Else's 25k machine GREAT after swimming my ace off i get to the shore and walk the ski up the river side a few hundred feet with shame in my eyes.

as for the ski and what i think just buy one!:barrel:

Attachments

• jetski stuff 015.jpg
    jetski stuff 015.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 102
  • jetski stuff 017.jpg
    jetski stuff 017.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 83
  • jetski stuff 018.jpg
    jetski stuff 018.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 81
  • jetski stuff 019.jpg
    jetski stuff 019.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
your description didnt really say anything about it, other than it broke and you didnt do anything but stall it. after that you say get one?

your description didn't really say anything about it, other than it broke and you didn't do anything but stall it. after that you say get one?
it did not brake it has total loss and the battery died cuz i pulled the lanyard (killed) it to Manny times the power was something comparable to a street bike raw torque it had some low end issues thats what Jeff and Derrik were working on they were going to throw another impeller on it it was running the wet pipe derrik was saying that it was about 180 hp on 92 octane(165 compression) and Derrik's boat was around 200 HP with the dry pipe I'm used to ridding kawi 750's and Yamaha 701's when built they seem real snappy on the low end but the power fades fast that is not the case with the 1200 if i had more time and a fresh battery and Jeff's patients I'm sure i could have gotten more comfortable on the machine and i would have been able to put the machine through the paces or it would have put me i my place, either way the machine is very powerful (defiantly world class craftsmanship)

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
if your saying uhh cuz there is no tricks in the pictures its because i have respect for another mans machine and this machine has a learning curve I did not have the time to get familiar with:crying:

I understand where you're coming from but if I told you to try out my ski, I would expect you to give it the beans...or at least as much as you're comfortable handling. Obviously, I wouldn't want you to thrash it or keep the throttle pinned in the air but that's just common practice. Treat it as you'd treat your own and you should be fine...

Not that I could afford that motor anyway but the overall review was pretty weak and undescriptive. There was more information on how you got to ride it and how it broke and almost nothing on how it handled.

Last edited:

theskiclinic

aka The " SAVAGE "
Yeah , we just got back from Oregon - both my son Lil D and I rode the envy ... The boat was very stable - and very predictable - I really liked the control of doing my set up wakes with return - I was able to do my set up ... turn around instantly... and wait --- then launch. I can now understand how malone , stone and others riding the sxr based bottom can do this , STABILITY . Riding my rev , I have to regain momentum to get out of the water enough to launch, where the envy is more bouyant . This was my first real ride on a sxr based hull .
Weston rode the ski with the old wet pipe - ( a very mellow version 1200 ) and the battery was pretty run down at that point - and is why the ski died during his ride -
as far as power of the 1200 , I have been riding this platform for almost 2 years and all I can say is ... with the new pipe -- WATCH OUT ! is enough power to destroy you if you are not careful ... for those who are waiting for theirs, believe me , it is WELL worth the wait.

BTW
Luke ...
thanks for the ride
attached are some pix with the ENVY
enjoy
SAVAGE

Attachments

• waterddawg envy trip 055.jpg
    waterddawg envy trip 055.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 48
  • waterddawg envy trip 042.jpg
    waterddawg envy trip 042.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 66
  • waterddawg envy trip 048.jpg
    waterddawg envy trip 048.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 72
  • waterddawg envy trip 052.jpg
    waterddawg envy trip 052.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 55
  • waterddawg envy trip 070.jpg
    waterddawg envy trip 070.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 55
I was there

i did see big D and lil D both ride the thing and let me tell you lil D looked very good on it so watch out amt. freestylers he will be flippin next.

GOOD JOB LIL D

so when is the pipe available then?
it's nice to hear a select few got it but it doesn't do the rest of us any good,does it now?
especially when jeff doesn't answer is phone or return messages.

Floatin down the river, what!!!! Im just kidding, im glad you got to ride it. I am anxious to see what it runs like when I get it back from Jeff. I made some mistakes in putting it together that he is fixing. Plus it will have the new pipe on it also, sweet! Way to ride that bad boy Derrick, and nice to meet you Weston. gotta go, at work

RiverRat

Yeah , we just got back from Oregon - both my son Lil D and I rode the envy ... The boat was very stable - and very predictable - I really liked the control of doing my set up wakes with return - I was able to do my set up ... turn around instantly... and wait --- then launch. I can now understand how malone , stone and others riding the sxr based bottom can do this , STABILITY . Riding my rev , I have to regain momentum to get out of the water enough to launch, where the envy is more bouyant . This was my first real ride on a sxr based hull .
Weston rode the ski with the old wet pipe - ( a very mellow version 1200 ) and the battery was pretty run down at that point - and is why the ski died during his ride -
as far as power of the 1200 , I have been riding this platform for almost 2 years and all I can say is ... with the new pipe -- WATCH OUT ! is enough power to destroy you if you are not careful ... for those who are waiting for theirs, believe me , it is WELL worth the wait.

BTW
Luke ...
thanks for the ride
attached are some pix with the ENVY
enjoy
SAVAGE

I have been telling Jeff to get you and John on that new platform. It will seriously take your riding ability to the next level! :beerchug: That 1200 needs that extra stability.

Top Bottom