Freestyle Giro Remedy vs Shred Ready Helmet Comparison (Pictures)

They used to make a 'gnar' bar for the shred ready. Steal bar that was vertical right in the middle of the opening. It just bolted on. I emailed them and they are not making them anymore. I thought about making my own.If you google it you'll find pictures

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
a693598f-6beb-5468.jpg

Awesome

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
What are these helmets intended to be used for? Jet skis weigh a little more than Kayak's and the potential for head impact is much greater. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, I have been in the past.

IMO ... These helmets are grossly insufficient . I had one two years ago REEEAly like the weight ,but at the end of the day they are white water helmets . Guess it depends on what you are doing.... But you never know when you may take a hit. It always happens when you least expect it. I vote carbon giro and pad it to fit.

I'm thinking about adding a chin strap instead of using the neck choker. The shark uses a Norbert helmet that I think is truly the way to go.

White water rafting includes large rocks and waterfalls. A helmet is designed to protect your head from a fall or falling debris or equipment right.

I will let you know what I think about it when it shows up this week.

I have been using a Giro Remedy for about two years and it works good. I was looking for something smaller and this Shred Ready looks tite.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
The topic about sufficient protection has come up in the past. Many have argued that a bicycle helmet is insufficient for our use as well and said you NEED at least a full MX helmet, Better if it was a DOT helmet, and Best if it was a Snell helmet.

To each; His own.

Do a little research on the product and it's designed intended use and make the most educated decision you can about that item and what you will used it for.

In my OPINION, a helmet designed to take the impact of a rock after a 10' drop should be sufficient for our use.

10 years in a kayak running 15' plus drops... I just did not feel the shred was on the same level as a carbon giro. One thing is for sure Someone needs to make a helmet specific to our needs. Look at the padding newer foot ball helmets use. Good luck with the shred they are based in Alabama and one of our members actually had a big hand in some of their mold making.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Got the carbon the other day, used it today for the first time.

I love the visibility this thing gives. You can hardly even see it on you let alone feel it - it is incredibly light. Also the water runs out of it instantly which is really nice.

I was iffy on whether it would be comfortable or not out on the lake since the straps didn't feel so great against my ears but I had zero issues while I was out there today. The helmet fit securely and comfortably.

Would I say this is sufficient? For almost all jet skiers I'd say yes. The only issue I could see would be the larger opening on the front. It does not turn me away from the helmet at all though. And if you're worried about it, buy the bar and/or wear goggles.

Overall I think it's a great helmet and I'd highly recommend it to anyone riding.

Subhard, I really like the light weight of my carbon but I have never seen the regular models so I cannot compare. I don't think it's a huge deal, but I really like mine.

NO go in my opinion since it does not protect the chin area. Btw my Giro has multiple cracks on the chin area as a result of many impacts against my ski from a lot of failed barrel roll attempts :). It still holds up, but I think this is where the carbon fiber would take advantage compared to the weak plastic (not even fiberglass) that the regular Giro Remedy is made of.

In regards to the visor, my visor broke off with the second submarine...

I know some people that ride with the cascade. I don't like it though. I ordered my shred ready last week but got custom colors so it should be here soon but it looks good. I'll post a review after my first ride

I have the remedy with demons on it. I got it because it reminds me of the demons I let out of my body everytime i sit on the toilet. Its awesome though light weight. Sometimes when I sub it scoops water and stings the forehead but I expect that with the visor.

Top Bottom