Giving Lithiums One Last Chance

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
[QUOTe masterblaster, post: 1647979, member: 131"]looks interesting. Bout time they built a lith bat with a legit decent case.Too bad they built in a balance port,that will be the long term downfall for a pwc lith bat,unless you used some really good 3m seal tape over it after every time it was opened to balance charge.
I have a 20 cell anti grav,It really helps to seal them well,I use 3m seal tape on the seam and cabosil epoxy over the terminals until it is flush with top terminal. Condensation will prolly still work its way in,might help more to open it up and put 1/2 inch of high quality silicone in the bottom and on the top of the case and reseal it.[/QUOTE]

You don't need balance port with optimate charger. ....

I have been running this WPS for almost three months (about 20 to 25 gallons of fuel) with no issues. I have TL and an Optimate charger and i pull it out before it is completely dead. I taped the seam and siliconed the terminals which probably doesn't help but made me feel better. It fits in my micro battery box with a little mod and they are only $130 so I figure you cant go wrong even if they don't last. Plus they weigh next to nothing. I recommend them for sure as of now and they even have a small charge level indicator light which is a nice feature. .
7y5e8u9u.jpg

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Why not submerge the entire battery in silicone? This will keep all water out, just drill some breather holes so the excess can run out once you put it back together.

I would never charge a Lithium without a balance charger, that's my experience in the R/C realm.

looks interesting. Bout time they built a lith bat with a legit decent case.Too bad they built in a balance port,that will be the long term downfall for a pwc lith bat,unless you used some really good 3m seal tape over it after every time it was opened to balance charge.
I have a 20 cell anti grav,It really helps to seal them well,I use 3m seal tape on the seam and cabosil epoxy over the terminals until it is flush with top terminal. Condensation will prolly still work its way in,might help more to open it up and put 1/2 inch of high quality silicone in the bottom and on the top of the case and reseal it.

Fro Diesel

creative control
Wps all the way, not one issue with either of mine. I have a 180cca that is tiny and fits under my exhaust tube in a freak.

powerhouseperformance

www.PHPSKI.com
Site Supporter
We have special heavy built ones we worked with Ballistic to handle the pounding in a jetski hull with TL. Their factory is 10 minutes from our shop and their engineer started dissecting the standards after we started breaking them. They fortified several of the weak links to get to the battery we have now. PHP Ballistics use an Optimate Lithium charger and the balance port is completely sealed off. These have been the best Lithiums we have used in a ski so far. They still need special care...ie cant be fully discharged, cant use a desulfating lead acid charger, but work great if you take care of them.

We have special heavy built ones we worked with Ballistic to handle the pounding in a jetski hull with TL. Their factory is 10 minutes from our shop and their engineer started dissecting the standards after we started breaking them. They fortified several of the weak links to get to the battery we have now. PHP Ballistics use an Optimate Lithium charger and the balance port is completely sealed off. These have been the best Lithiums we have used in a ski so far. They still need special care...ie cant be fully discharged, cant use a desulfating lead acid charger, but work great if you take care of them.
Any pics of the battery?

powerhouseperformance

www.PHPSKI.com
Site Supporter
XJ, it still uses the same case as the regular ones so it looks the same. The only visual difference is the balance port is filled and the cap has permanently glued over it. The engineer said when the hulls slap the water on hard flat landings it impacts the batteries harder than other applications. They fortified these with different terminal connections and case sealing. Just to let everyone know though they can take a few weeks for us to get them because they are built as a special request.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Is this the wps battery you guys are talking about? Or the small ones? My friend is a wps hard drive rep and was showing me this the other day. Big but super light. Feels like much better quality than my ballistic or antigrav but who knows.

7e4yha3u.jpg

They use different cells
y4e4e9yh.jpg

Is this the wps battery you guys are talking about? Or the small ones? My friend is a wps hard drive rep and was showing me this the other day. Big but super light. Feels like much better quality than my ballistic or antigrav but who knows.

7e4yha3u.jpg

They use different cells
y4e4e9yh.jpg

Haven't seen that batt yet, interesting there using a different cell. I wonder if that's what the WPS featherweight uses?

I knew I was playing with fire reading this thread, I have a ballistic 12 cell in 2 skis, 1 just called it after 16 months (sits over winter here). I bought another today since this is the first one that has died on me!

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I just ordered myself a WPS HJTX14AH-FP-IL figure i'd give them a shot. Been using an 18lb battery for couple years and its about dead, been leaking acid for a few months LOL

I have 3 ballistics that were made in 2013 and only issues as of late is with one of them on the BMS port. One of the pins broke off so no more balance charging. Just siliconed the bms port and will just fast charge it from now on. I turfed the bottom of the batteries to help with a little more shock absorption. Now i rotate these batteries every other ride so maybe I am getting a longer life out of each unit.

That fire pic scares me.

+1 for the wps featherweights, I have 2 of them and they are so much lighter than a lead acid and haven't had one problem. I keep them on battery tenders when not in use.

I think mine are the smaller models that retail for around 130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom