Other Goki Starter- worth it or stay OEM?

I am on my second Goki starter...got an hx...standard compression (reliable!), but bad starter. Left me stranded already..had two swim it in!
anyway, just figured I'd ask opinions and or experiences out there with regard to a Goki starter? The OEM seems to work fine, but then again, I've had this one on since 2006.
Comments?

-Bart

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
I have an mes aqua torque on my ski that I bought used and have had it on my ski for 6 yrs with no issues however by saying that I probably just jinxed myself and will be buying a new starter soon

I am on my second Goki starter...got an hx...standard compression (reliable!), but bad starter. Left me stranded already..had two swim it in!
anyway, just figured I'd ask opinions and or experiences out there with regard to a Goki starter? The OEM seems to work fine, but then again, I've had this one on since 2006.
Comments?

-Bart

Goki used the original aftermarket motors, like many other brands, with the only difference being color. The newest/cheapest aftermarket starters are close copies of OEM Mitsuba SM13s except with poor components and workmanship. Most brands use the same starter with the only difference being the rear cap so hold on to that in case you find a nice used one. My current Superjet has a Kawasaki starter on it.

OEM are very expensive BUT are also the best. Sometimes its worth just dishing out the extra money and going OEM. Try finding a used one for a fraction of the $300ish of a new OEM. When I had to get a new starter I hit up JetManiac.

Top Bottom