Other Good starter bike?

kawa js550

Billy Racing
Im around 5 ft 8 inches and weigh around 130. I was looking at getting a Honda crf150r as a starter bike. I have rode bikes before and am comfortable with a clutch so I thought this would be a good bike. I was looking at the crf150f but most people say that you will get bored of it and want something with more power. Im thinking that the 150r would be good because it would offer more power and its a little bit taller then the 150f. I realize this is a race bike but I will probably be riding trails for the most part, but heard its pretty good on the trails.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Smaller bikes are better for trail riding. In my opinion anyway.

I rode a yamaha 250 then rode a 125. The 125 was a lot more fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Either 250f or a 125 two stroke. Those 150r only run well when there held wide open on a Moto track..... And that's if you can get it to start. Trust me I've been around a lot of them. And stay away from honda four stroke 250f years 2005-2008 valves are junk

Im around 5 ft 8 inches and weigh around 130. I was looking at getting a Honda crf150r as a starter bike. I have rode bikes before and am comfortable with a clutch so I thought this would be a good bike. I was looking at the crf150f but most people say that you will get bored of it and want something with more power. Im thinking that the 150r would be good because it would offer more power and its a little bit taller then the 150f. I realize this is a race bike but I will probably be riding trails for the most part, but heard its pretty good on the trails.

Most Pros are 5'8" 130-150 lbs so if this is your 1st bike a 4 stroke like a 250f is a lot easier to ride. 2 strokes are where it all began. I love 2 stokes if you go with a 2 stroke a 250 is easier to ride due to the extra power. The 4 stroke 250f is a lot more predictable, the power band is a lot smoother. I would defiantly go with a big bike. Good luck with a new bike.

Here is a picture of my 08 CRF450R I love it just had a complete rebuild over the winter!

IMG_3528.jpg

chixwithtrix

Addicted
If you are going to ride trails a TTR225 or CRF230 would be easy, more grunty bikes to ride. I prefer MX bikes personally, but have ridden both the TTR and the CRF and they are great for putting around and getting though stuff. The TTR has an especially low seat height. Both reliable options, if a bit heavy.

If you want to go MX bike style then the 150R would be fun and flickable, but not a whole lot of engine to work with. I used to ride CR80s as an adult and loved them. Good cheap fun, but the powerband was like a light switch - on or off. Any 125 2 stroke is fun and cheap too.

Top Bottom