Other GoPro Camera - which one is the current favorite?

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
I'm thinking about buying a GoPro camera. There are several to choose from and I'm not sure which one would be best for Jetskiing.

Which mount is best?

Has anyone here bought one of the new HD ones recently?

Thanks in advance! :)

theres prob hundred threads about this but im to lazy to look it up right now. i would like to also no which one is the best for all around use.trying to figure out which one to get for christmas. i just dont no much about video recorders sorry for not helping ya.

if this helps i did here,im not sure if its true or not but the 960p is the best? because the 1080p takes to long to down load the data?

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
I have the gopro hero hd (1080p) and i really love it. I never had a problem loading the footage to my laptop and watching it. yes, it does take a bit longer to load the files to your computer, but its not bad at all. Editing on the other hand can be a pain. it does take a lot of computing power to edit hd video. i shoot all of my footage is 720p at 60fps and it takes a while to edit those videos.

The Hero 2 came out recently and i really want this one. it has a lot more features and fixed some things to make it more user friendly. i really dont know what else to say about them. i think theyre great cameras and with a bit of familiarization, you can make some pretty awesome videos

if you go on youtube and search gopro reviews, there is a lot of good info on the cameras and how to's. you can also check out my youtube channel (link in my sig) to see some of the videos i made using my go pro.

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
I looked through some previous threads and it doesn't look like anyone has posted anything about the new HD cameras that are available. Was wondering if someone has one, but hasn't said anything yet.

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Thanks KC, I appreciate the response!

Your message didn't show up until after I had submitted my previous post. Sorry. :)

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Im asking for the helmet kit for christmas. From what I heard it comes with the best mounts and straps for jetskiing and things like that.

Awesome, good to know.

I was thinking about getting the surfing kit and then buying the helmet kit.

Im going to point out the obvious, the new Hero2 has a 11 MP still shot while the HD Hero only has a 5 MP.

There are going to have a pretty big price gap as well. The Hero2 is going to standardly be about $100 more at the price of $299 while we see the HD hero around $199.

Keep your eye our for some sales as we have seen the HD hero go on sale as low as $150 shipped on ebay.

I think I am just going to go with the HD hero as the costs are about $100 less and I could use that money on many other things since the differences are pretty small.

If you have a Costco membership keep your eye out because I've seen them have some great sales around this time of year in the past.

Last summer when Tanner Thomas gave me one of his SD cards from his 960 I was happy to see I could edit it in Windows Movie Maker. The footage I got from my Sony 1080 needed a powerful program and computer to edit.

I saw this at Costco a couple weeks ago. Has all the mounts you will need. But as you get more into it, you will make your own mounts. Mark Gomez and John Howe have built some that get insane angled shots

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Thank you, to everyone that has replied to my post. I finally settled in and made a decision.

You realize of course, that means I'm going to have to torture all of you with videos of SuperJets, mixed in with my old-school 550 ski, right? :)

I'm 41 years old, and I'm the youngest of the group that I ride with. :)

Join us. Lake Orienta, Maitland - Florida.

PM me for specifics. The lake has a public launch.

Item No.
Preview
Item Name
Qty
Description
Price
Amount
CHDSH-002
media.nl

HD HERO2 Surf Edition
HD HERO2 Surf Edition
$299.99
$299.99
AHFMT-001
Helmet Front Mount
Helmet Front Mount
$12.99
$25.98
AHDBT-001
media.nl

Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (only for use with HD HERO cameras)
$19.99
$19.99
Subtotal
$345.96
Shipping & Handling
$9.95
Tax
$23.14
Total
$379.05

Yes, TWO helmet mounts!

(Sorry Janet, Fred & Scott. You're going to get posted in full HD video.) If you have a (serious) problem with that - I know your SJ is faster than my ski. If all I have to post is your Rooster Tail - so be it!)

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
_Rawr.jpgCameraZOOM-20111030175956.jpgCameraZOOM-20111030181144.jpgCameraZOOM-20111105133404.jpgCameraZOOM-20111112143302.jpgCameraZOOM-20111112143721.jpg

The pics.

One of them is missing a ski (Can you figure out which one, Waldo?). But I figured some curvy-eye-candy would forgive the Max-Headroom-floating-head-pic.
Whatever. Many SuperJets! Complete with an Old-School hull, sportin' a 650 Conversion.

2nd pic: Rick and I.
4th pic: Fred, Janet and Scott.

Ride on, my friends.

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
whichever you end up getting you NEED to get one of these http://cold-fusion.pinnaclecart.com/go-pro/go-pro-hd-mounting-kit/ with stock mounts and a lanyard the chances of breaking/loosing the camera are good, I broke most of my stock mounts and the lanyard saved it, except for that one time. I'm still waiting for a lake to be drained so I can hopefully find my gopro.
the quality of the memory caed will play a large part in video quality.

Wow, good idea! $130! Thats steep after buying a camera! Beats losing it though.

I didn't see the lanyard in the description though. Did I miss something?

I ordered my camera and they charged me tax! I'm in Florida, they're in Cali! LAME!

Ah well, it's on the way. Should be fun. :)

I've been thinking about how to not lose it in the water. Do they float?

Get the float! I lost one HD already and wish I had the float. When all else fails it will still float. I think you can pick up one for 15 on gopro but it is the best $15 you will spend for the camera. After i lost my first one I did the helmet mount with screws, a SS tether, and the float. I just don't want to throw another 300 into the lake...

Get 1" turf under padding and glue it to the back of the go-pro and shave it with nice curves around the edges and it'll float.

Top Bottom