Other GoPro floatie

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
This is totally on a budget, but it floats like a mofo.

I talked to the guy at a local sporting goods shop, that has all kinds of GoPro stuff and he said If I took off my screen, replaced it with the GoPro floatie inside, it would float. Sounded cool, but it didn't float. I tried that without buying the floatie and... No. So no money spent. Winning.

Then I had an idea. 25 mil plush foam and turf. Works awesome and was dirt cheap. I used to zip tie a key floatie to it, but this attaches better and floats WAY better. It may be ghettofabulous, but it'll work.

Hopefully this will help someone from losing a camera. And if anybody has any improvement ideas, throw them out there.

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 146
epoxy a little eye/nut or anything on the back of the case to fit a thin rope/line through and tie it off to the ski..
just a thought..

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I'm trying to figure out something there. Possibly epoxying a strap to the bottom, or side. Not sure yet. I've done pretty good with a lanyard zip tied to either my helmet, or ski. But ya never know... I've busted mounts, and the ties and lanyard worked, but it's not very confidence inspiring.

Now you just got to have a bright colored one so it's actually visible. I just bought the orange GoPro floaty with new back door for $15.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Have you guys had the gopro in that position on the ski flip down with the water impack when subbing or nose stabbing? I just got my gopro and used it yesterday and it flipped down even though I tightened it down best I can with my fingers. I figured to give it an extra 1/4-1/3 turn with pliers. What have you guys found?

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
^^X2

Well here's what I came up with. Should be pretty bombproof, but time will tell. I cut, drilled and marine epoxied a piece of AL to the side of the case for my stainless key ring to go through. I like the nylon strap, because it's kind to hull and helmet paint. But, I'm open to other lanyard options!

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 52
I've had one myself for a while and was going to release them this summer but am just now getting around to it.

I've gotten some samples out to some locals and trusted forum members. Since they all seem to like it, Im going ahead on pulling the trigger on the coated cables which are on order and should be in my possession shortly. Personally, I am okay with non-coated but if I am going to sell them, they need to be beyond my personal standards.

The coated cable will protect your ski's, helmets, or place of attachment and it's surroundings from wear. In a nutshell this is what its going to look like and cab be attached virtually anywhere.

As always, will have a break free guarantee. Not really trying to turn this into a profit center. I am more or less trying to prevent members from having to purchase a second GoPro as myself.

In the first set of pictures the guy placed it on the chin pad, personally I would have hidden it more (easily possible) but hey, what ever works... Lol

GoProLanylardRickFred3.jpg

GoProLanyardRickFred.jpg

GoProLanyardRickFred2.jpg

097.jpg

101.jpg

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I've had one myself for a while and was going to release them this summer but am just now getting around to it.

I've gotten some samples out to some locals and trusted forum members. Since they all seem to like it, Im going ahead on pulling the trigger on the coated cables which are on order and should be in my possession shortly. Personally, I am okay with non-coated but if I am going to sell them, they need to be beyond my personal standards.

The coated cable will protect your ski's, helmets, or place of attachment and it's surroundings from wear. In a nutshell this is what its going to look like and cab be attached virtually anywhere.

As always, will have a break free guarantee. Not really trying to turn this into a profit center. I am more or less trying to prevent members from having to purchase a second GoPro as myself.

In the first set of pictures the guy placed it on the chin pad, personally I would have hidden it more (easily possible) but hey, what ever works... Lol

GoProLanylardRickFred3.jpg

GoProLanyardRickFred.jpg

GoProLanyardRickFred2.jpg

097.jpg

101.jpg

Solid idea on the lanyard. How long are they? Might want one of the shielded ones! It's a tricky thing with nylon on the length. It needs to not be long enough to flop in the way of the lens. Haven't done that yet, but.. I'm stoked people are trying to get this whole set up dialed in. Nobody wants to lose a cam.

The length aside from the loops is ~10 inches and can obviously be cut longer or shorter. The great thing about the cable is the fact it's flexible enough to mount anywhere yet stiff enough to not flap around.

Top Bottom