Other GoPro floatie

Coated Cable available. Larger Loop attaches to GoPro Casing. Smaller loop attaches to chin pad, pole bracket, or helmet visor.

Just trying to show what I've done to give some people idea's if intact they want to make there own.

Jay, I love your floaty though. Looks just a little bulky IMO. Cutting it down a tad might look much better along with a brighter color (if possible)
IMG_20120326_145836-2.jpg

IMG_20120326_144243-1.jpg

Funny, I had just made a identical one yesterday. I ended up drilling a small hole in the housing. It's a very strong set up and they do coil up out of the way very easily as seen on my helmet. The wire is rated to 98 lbs.

Goproleash.jpg

Goproleash2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, I like it. You had me worried when you said yiubdrilled a hole in the housing till I saw the picture. Only downside to that is the fact its not removable but no biggie depending on your application.

Last edited:

player1

Player1
One thing you need to watch is the noise the cable makes slapping the cases - it ruins your sound. Sound really helps sell your gopro shots.. So route that cable in a way it stays quiet.

copy 14.jpg

What i did for mine is the bar the back door clips into i fed a small laniard through and then tied a knot on the other end. Profounds cable would work great there because having always attached to the casing maybe a problem but the back doors come off easily and are a lot cheaper just a thought and thats what i've been running and it works great!

I now have the floaty back door on there too but thats because i LOVE my GOPRO and refuse to lose it!

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Thanks Kurt! Sent ya a PayPal a bit ago and can't wait to get that installed.

I am going to cut the floatie down a bit, because it is bulky and the floatie definitely overfloats it. If I had a scab of white turf, I would use it, but surprisingly black contrasts pretty good and is easy to spot. I'll post up a revised less chunky floatie soon.

Coated Cable available. Larger Loop attaches to GoPro Casing. Smaller loop attaches to chin pad, pole bracket, or helmet visor.

Just trying to show what I've done to give some people idea's if intact they want to make there own.

Jay, I love your floaty though. Looks just a little bulky IMO. Cutting it down a tad might look much better along with a brighter color (if possible)
IMG_20120326_145836-2.jpg

IMG_20120326_144243-1.jpg

The small cable will also fit between the hinge of your backdoor as long as it's not vinyl coated. I thought about this option, but I opted for drilling a hole the way I did bc it's not biggie to me always having a lanyard, even on the motorcycle.

Top Bottom