gopro vid from my hare scramble (dirtbike race) on sunday.

If there was any form of dirtbiking course around me, I would be doing it, Still want to someday soon though. Dang, there was one stopped bike after the next. What place did you come in?

Looks like 'C' class to me.

With how many guys you went around in that 5 minute clip I'm guessing you'll be stepping up to 'B' next time, huh? You probably got around a good chunk of that class anyways.

ya this was C class. i took 1 st place. funny thing is, i had no idea what place i was in or that i was even doing well at all, until an hour after the race when they posted the results. it was my second race. i did one back in january but only got 11th out of 15 riders. so im definitely improving and should move up to B class quickly.

wow scrambles sure are diff looking on the right coast,your never see that much open fast terrain here.that looks really fun.You gonna find the b class much more of a challange.some of those guys are really fast,they just dont wana step up to A and run with the dang near pros and get romped on

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Does the course tighten up at all or is it all like that? WAY different then the tight ass woods we ride around here. Almost looks worth the road trip out. How fast are the AA guys out there?

ya ive raced a few gncc's back east in Maryland and west Virginia and they are way more technical, tight, lots of rocks and roots. the races are way easier on the west coast.

About the AA riders it just depends on where u race... i raced the AA class and at national hare scrambles ive placed top 3. it just depends on who all show up but with the nationals everyone shows up.

Last edited:
ya ive raced a few gncc's back east in Maryland and west Virginia and they are way more technical, tight, lots of rocks and roots. the races are way easier on the west coast.

About the AA riders it just depends on where u race... i raced the AA class and at national hare scrambles ive placed top 3. it just depends on who all show up but with the nationals everyone shows up.
It definitely depends on the race, at my peak I'd race AA at the small events and A at the bigger ones. As far as nasty "technical" riding we had several local races here in Idaho where half the entries would generally finish. As it turns out people are turning into pu$$ies and it's hard to make money at races like that nowdays.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
As it turns out people are turning into pu$$ies and it's hard to make money at races like that nowdays.

Sure are! A couple of the D23 races in Minnesota had pretty gnarly enduro-X sections for the big bikes. Riders bitched about it to the point it's now just a couple telephone pole crossings and rock gardens.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Yeah thats sooo much different than a new england harescramble!! The furthest West Ive ridden was a few New York harescrambles and the GNCC at Unadilla in NY. I havnt raced in 3 years but even watching that video makes me wanna get back at it. I was kinda wondering what was up with all the guys stopping on the coarse... makes sense that its the C class, you wont see that as much in the B class and you wont see it at all in the expert class. Cool video, I wish I had footage of my races

Top Bottom