Got gas,Got spark. No fire?

dajnglst

Glass Happens
If flame arrestor is removed and you cup your hand shutting off air is fuel on your hand ?

Pop off could be way high if carb was just rebuilt. If it is too high it will still light up if you restrict intake. Cup it off with your hand or shop rag to build pressure to pop open needle valve. Some times adding throttle if need be, may not idle but should run.

If compression is not in question, check ignition signal for 6-8mm gap.

If strong spark and still does not light off then check flywheel and stator plate for missed timing or sheered flyweel key that could cause mis timing. If you have spark it's not to say it's at the right time.

If engine is flooded due to weak pop pressure, unscrew the spark plugs so they rest half way out of the cylinder head from their sealed up position. This will allow the crap to spit out past the spark plug gaurding it from fuel fouling.

The wet fuel mixture or residual oil will puke out past spark plug threads and aid you in removing contamination of crankcase.

Boat will run this way and is messy as all hell but it works. Do not run it for long this way as you will lean out the boat by sucking air on the down stroke of piston. Bad news if done too long. :twak:

(Late night fuggin newbie I am so smrt post)

dajnglst

Glass Happens
1/8 turn.

Please tell me this is a fantasy joke thread.

Like candid camera. :arms:

Just kidding, if it's only turned 1/8th out I would start at 1 and 1/4 and see what that brings.

good luck man.

Checking out.

:sleeping:

Top Bottom