Got Spark, got fuel, got compression, no start?

kawishaul

I bleed GREEN!
This won't make a difference for starting. The 7 plug has a longer insulator length which causes it to run hotter during combustion.

Both plugs fire at the same time on the X2. It doesn't matter if you mix them up.

Check to see if your flywheel has spun. This will keep it from starting.

:261:Both plugs cannot fire at the same time. The engine wouldn't run because the time at each cylinder is at TDC (top dead center) is different. Also about the plug wire length the ignition on my x-2 is stock and the previous owner (my Dad) did not cut the wires either. You can fallow the wires back to the coil and feel which one goes on the back cylinder. The correct wire will be on the left if I remember correctly. I would check but sadly my skis and I are currently separated by 200 miles of road.
Before you try anything else please try this Josh with a new or charge battery that will start another ski.

:261:Both plugs cannot fire at the same time. The engine wouldn't run because the time at each cylinder is at TDC (top dead center) is different. Also about the plug wire length the ignition on my x-2 is stock and the previous owner (my Dad) did not cut the wires either. You can fallow the wires back to the coil and feel which one goes on the back cylinder. The correct wire will be on the left if I remember correctly. I would check but sadly my skis and I are currently separated by 200 miles of road.
Before you try anything else please try this Josh with a new or charge battery that will start another ski.

How sure are you that the two leads don't spark at the same time? why don't you explain to me how the coil distributes the spark? pal

Last edited:
hate to brake ur bubble 'prerieshaul', but they do fire at the same time.
And a similar thing happened to me, would crank, spark, new plugs, fuel everything, was simply the starter going bad, shorting between the pionts inside the starter itself. still sparked, only whilst cranking the starter drained so much battery so quickly never started. and fixing starters is easy, so dont just buy a new 1.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
it is called a wasted spark ignition system and is also quite common in the automotive industry as well.

just for starters dodge,ford and Chevrolet all use it.

kawishaul

I bleed GREEN!
Sorry about the wtf. Thanks for explaining what happens madscientist. Also while talking about coils would it be more efficient to have two coil and not have the wasted spark.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Sorry about the wtf. Thanks for explaining what happens madscientist. Also while talking about coils would it be more efficient to have two coil and not have the wasted spark.

No because then you would have to have a way to signal both coils seperately,sometimes simpler is better.

Top Bottom