gp800 66e motor???

aqua

the taco
If you don't want to rely on waterdawg you might be able to modify the pipe malone is using for his skis (if you can get one). You can run an xft or 550 gas tank. I did not because the motor drinks fuel and you burn it quickly. All of my setup will fit in a sj (I have a sj bottom on mine) you need to relocate the front mounts and move your battery. Riva used to make upright intake manifolds, I havent' been able to find one yet but someone must have one. I have stock cylinders and yes the port timing is different than what you want, but it's still way more power than you've been dreaming about. However the cylinder can be modified by resleeving and while you are resleeving you might as well bore it for bigger pistons. I have a new pair of cylinders, pistons, head setup coming this week that put down some impressive numbers on Lamey's dyno. Bigger numbers than the 10mm stroker built for lenzi. (hp and torque). After I tune this setup, I'll be working on propping the 144mag pump. You can go as big a 1200cc on this platform, you cannot on the polaris or 62t platform. I'm done with the 62t motor, it's just not the same anymore.

The man has spoken. :arms: Hmmmm......Im only about 3hrs from you. Maybe I will have to drag my butt down there sometime and take a looky!!

F

Freestyleriverrat

couple more pics of gp800 vs 62t bases motor

Attachments

• gp800.jpg
    gp800.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 135
  • gp800-1.jpg
    gp800-1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 138
F

Freestyleriverrat

I just did some searching on the net and found that the gp800 makes that stock 120hp at..........................140lbs compression. Put an exhaust on that, some good carbs and like 180-190lbs compression = BAD A$$ :biggthumpup: Do a BB, TL and porting like superramjet............Double BAD A$$ :Banane01:

Do the unbelieveable 1200cc cylinder and we all kknow you are just compensating for something :cool2:

Attachments

• rev%26oregon%20084.jpg
    rev%26oregon%20084.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freestyleriverrat

so where do i find a good used motor from, e-bay doesn't have any?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...017QQitemZ270023183943QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I just picked one up on PWCToday for a future build. http://www.pwctoday.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2790/cat/4 I have a feeling that people will be scrambling to get these motors after Havasu :cool2: If I ever wanted more power I would have to go stroker and I just don't want to do that. Not only is it more $$ than I would pay for this entire motor, it will be less reliable in the long run. Plus if it is not that great I report back that it sucks......but I doubt it.

I tried talking to this guy but could not contact him http://www.pwctoday.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1520/cat/4

F

Freestyleriverrat

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3318DD72FEFC7C

Here a is vido of superramjet. You can tell the power of the boat just by looking at how effortless it gets out of the water. The light hull helps but that is some power.

I kind of think of it this way............yau can make a VW bug run with a corvette, but to do that you have to spend allot of $$ and squeeze every possible ounce of power out of that block. Like wise which motor works harder to make that power? yes, when you make that bug run with a corvette..........you also have to think, that is a stock vette! About 100-110hp is the max hp you can make on a 701 w/o going stroker. To get more power you need more air flow and more cc's.........Lameys will help you out there but only to about the 130hp range. Want more power you need more cc's and the only way to get that is increase your stroke or increase you bore...........neither is a cheap mod.

Now, a lamey stroker is the shizz and I don't think anyone can dispute that. But there is power to be had by separating the cylinders to increase your bore and volume within the transferports. Anouther thing is the size of the crank. That is where most of the weight difference comes into play. The crank of the 800 is just a larger beefier piece than the 701. Now, my only concern is where the gp800 motor makes its power? Waterdawgs modifies the ports when they do the BB kit, but I wonder about the power if you just slap a 800 in a SJ. Will it have the bottom end power or mainly mid-top end power.

Attachments

• bigbore87mm1_150.jpg
    bigbore87mm1_150.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 264
  • bigbore87mm2_150.jpg
    bigbore87mm2_150.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 265
  • 1inchreedspacer_150.jpg
    1inchreedspacer_150.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 263
  • intakeman2_150.jpg
    intakeman2_150.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 260

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
It's all great theory, but right now nobody is in "production" for the parts to do this. Yes there are a few one-off's out there, but until Jeff or someone else steps up and actually builds these parts so they are readily available, it's just a great concept that has been proven to work.

Waterdawg can design great stuff, but he doesn't follow through with production, so it's really just billet unobtainium.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3318DD72FEFC7C About 100-110hp is the max hp you can make on a 701 w/o going stroker. To get more power you need more air flow and more cc's.........Lameys will help you out there but only to about the 130hp range. Want more power you need more cc's and the only way to get that is increase your stroke or increase you bore...........neither is a cheap mod.

Now, a lamey stroker is the shizz and I don't think anyone can dispute that. But there is power to be had by separating the cylinders to increase your bore and volume within the transferports. Anouther thing is the size of the crank. That is where most of the weight difference comes into play. The crank of the 800 is just a larger beefier piece than the 701. Now, my only concern is where the gp800 motor makes its power? Waterdawgs modifies the ports when they do the BB kit, but I wonder about the power if you just slap a 800 in a SJ. Will it have the bottom end power or mainly mid-top end power.

eschberg

Boycotting Winter.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3318DD72FEFC7C

Here a is vido of superramjet. You can tell the power of the boat just by looking at how effortless it gets out of the water. The light hull helps but that is some power.

I kind of think of it this way............yau can make a VW bug run with a corvette, but to do that you have to spend allot of $$ and squeeze every possible ounce of power out of that block. Like wise which motor works harder to make that power? yes, when you make that bug run with a corvette..........you also have to think, that is a stock vette! About 100-110hp is the max hp you can make on a 701 w/o going stroker. To get more power you need more air flow and more cc's.........Lameys will help you out there but only to about the 130hp range. Want more power you need more cc's and the only way to get that is increase your stroke or increase you bore...........neither is a cheap mod.

Page can not be found -- -

F

Freestyleriverrat

It's all great theory, but right now nobody is in "production" for the parts to do this. Yes there are a few one-off's out there, but until Jeff or someone else steps up and actually builds these parts so they are readily available, it's just a great concept that has been proven to work.

Waterdawg can design great stuff, but he doesn't follow through with production, so it's really just billet unobtainium.

I know :frown: but the theroy is sound :biggrin: Definatly a interesting development in the sport.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Aawww...come on Jess, when is it ever about "Need"???

Besides, Malone's new skis appear to have similar power - as does Lenzi.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I just cant see why anyone would need that much power unless they were ungodly good

I think of it in terms of reliablity. You can make lamey stroker power in stock gp800 form w/ carbs and a pipe. Only time will tell but it is looking promising. I may be a :clown: though :haha:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I think of it in terms of reliablity. You can make lamey stroker power in stock gp800 form w/ carbs and a pipe.

Exactly what I am thinking. Supermod power in stock form.
That right there is worth gold.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Great thread! :arms:

Beauty is in the eye of the brapppholder.
why don't you ask the owners of these $2k lamey cylinders how they justify it?

I like my lamey PV motor allot but it I did the switch I would have about 1500 left in change :bigeyes: and have more power. I have a gp800 on the way and I will take a look at that beast. :woot: I just paid 700 for a whole gp800 long block shipped from CA and I paid 1500 for just the lamey cylinder. I still need to put that TL ignition on it and then I will be happy. I just feel the 800 will be hard to come by so I hopped on the opprotunity.

Top Bottom