Group K Waveblaster 1 Sleeper Engine Mod Pipe Question

Shane_744

Choppin' it up.
Group K states on their website that they only recommend a Factory Pipe for modified Yamaha engines.

Question, I was thinking about getting the Sleeper Mod (Head/Carb Porting) from them and was wondering if I could run another aftermarket pipe other than a Factory Pipe?

Also, will the SuperJet Limited/Mod Factory Pipe "straight" pipes work on a WB1? The B Pipe for the WB1 looks way different than the superjet limted/mod. Just wondering.

Comments, suggestions, let me know what ya'll think.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
The superjet fpp chambers won't work in the wb1 without some serious custom work, maybe not at all, although the head pipe and manifolds are identical.

As far as your other questions, you should certainly call up GroupK and ask them. I also wouldn't limit my shopping to just them (esp if you are looking for a freestyle or freeride motor). Have a look at the engine builders section in the links database for other options to consider.

Edit: I just noticed Team Scream isn't on that list for some reason. They also come highly recommended.

Last edited:
Group K states on their website that they only recommend a Factory Pipe for modified Yamaha engines.

Question, I was thinking about getting the Sleeper Mod (Head/Carb Porting) from them and was wondering if I could run another aftermarket pipe other than a Factory Pipe?

Also, will the SuperJet Limited/Mod Factory Pipe "straight" pipes work on a WB1? The B Pipe for the WB1 looks way different than the superjet limted/mod. Just wondering.

Comments, suggestions, let me know what ya'll think.

there are a few pipes that will work on your blaster. riva red work good but they are heavy and have mounting/ cracking issues that at most time can be repaired but good power. if you already have a b pipe for a superjet (straight pipe) i do not believe it can fit. you can just get the limited or mod chamber for a blaster and use your b pipe manifold and head pipe. they are around at times but you have to jump on them fast, they sell quick, the porting is good if that is your next step. if you are looking for your first step the b pipe or a pipe is a great mod, the b pipe head pipe and manifold can be ported for large gains. the stinger mod done at the end of the chamber helps too

Thanks guys for the info. I was looking at this pipe today. Dude said it come out of a waveblaster 1. He has the specs for the wb1 factory pipe but its the limited/mod straight pipe. He must have had some mad custom stuff on that wb1 to get that pipe in there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fact...90280817463QQptZPersonalQ5fWatercraftQ5fParts

interesting i'm not sure of that chamber i have not seen a chamber like that befor looks nice. looks like it could work . in the pictures and description i did not see the manifold pipe. :scratchchin: becareful on what is included there looks like some good parts:dunno:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
That is the waveblaster limited pipe. It doesn't show the manifold for it but he notes that it is included. It also doesn't show the 'J' shaped pipe that is needed to connect the chamber to the waterbox. You'd either need to find one of these or fab something up to take it's place if it is indeed not included (which is common with these). There is also at least one coupler not shown and I imagine at least one mount not shown as well although I am not sure exactly how this one mounts to the engine. A search should reveal more about this pipe and at the very least provide a pic of that 'j' pipe.

This is a pretty desirable pipe (esp with the x2 crowd) and is no longer in production. If you'd rather have the mod, I'm sure you could get this one and trade someone straight up mod chamber for limited chamber which is the only difference between the two setups.

The (760) waveraider pipe is the exact same as the waveblaster mod pipe but with a (only slightly different) manifold meant for the 62t cylinders. This can actually be used on a (61x) waveblaster cylinder with a few small mods but some people recommend against it due to sealing issues and a slight port mismatch. A search would reveal more on this as well.

:439:

Shane_744

Choppin' it up.
Dustin, Thanks for the explanation. Helped out a bunch.

I am still looking at options while I save some cash. Looks like I need to research and read alot more.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
It sounds like you are thinking about a pretty mild setup so pretty much any aftermarket pipe will work okay, there are some good write ups on this site.
Now I would reconsider going with this kit, you can find a aftermarket head on here that will be better than a modified stock for around the same price. And carb mod isn't really needed with just a few bolt ons. With a 61x I usually start with Reeds, Pipe, Flame arrestors, Msd enhancer, head and prop. Pretty simple and still keeps it reliable and should push your speeds into the 52-53mph range up from the mid 40's. And if you want to race this is a good setup for the sport spec class.

Shane_744

Choppin' it up.
Cool. Thanks for the info. You have a couple names of aftermarket heads i can look up?
I am new to the 61x and for that fact the wb1. But I can wrench.
Your probably right about the mild engine work, for now.
Can't ride stock (tired to explain this to my wife)
So far, I have acquired a used UMI steering setup, R&D ride plate and intake grate that are sittting on the work bench right now. Saving cash for a paint job and engine stuff.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
First thing with heads depends on how modified you are going to go with it. If you plan on porting porting and other work beyond bolt on's then you will want a girdle head, Basically its a head that allows for studs that go though to the cylinder base. High HP motors put additional stress on the lower part of the cylinder and often cause them to crack and a girdle kit stops that. On a boat with bolt on's a non girdle head is fine. And there are tons of good ones riva, protec, wamiltons, ADA, R&D, and more. Ones with interchangable domes in nice becouse if you ever want to change compression or if you blow something apart and chew up a dome its cheap and easy to replace. And a when choosing a head you need to decide if you want to go Race gas or say pump gas. Generally up to 185psi is safe to run pump gas above that you should run aviation Fuel or race gas. And generally you can find a used head in the $100-$300 range and new for $250-$450.
Also one of the things you can look at right now is your impeller, if its stock its most likely chewed up and you are loosing a lot of efficiency. And a aftermarket you you can tailer to your wants, you can get one to optimize acceleration,mid, hookup or top speed. If the one is it is aftermarket and chewed up or not geared to what you want it to do Impros can fix, cut, bend and tweak it to get the what you want out of it.

Top Bottom