Gustav Swells In Orange Beach

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Hard to tell with youtube, but some nice size and point breaks I think, must have a strange bottom.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
biggest problem was there were 2 swells 1 from the east and 1 from the south east. closer to shore on the inside and close to the jetty it was a more consistant, but riddled w/ 50 surfers. the other side of the pass was horribly choppy due to the jettys killed the cross swell for us. as we were packing it in to head back to the launch there were some real nice ones setting up. Crab, you and i have discussed the bottom contributions to the swells. if there wasn't a cross swell they would have been perfect sets and some nice barrels.

the bottom was just beat up by the storm surge and huge , i say huge , yet unrideable surf on monday. during the storm!

Last edited:

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Thanks for posting that up Justin!

Good seeing you again----next time we need to get Meadlock to ride. :smoker:

And let's plan a Destin trip like we talked about so I don't have to drive three hours. :swordfight:

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
doing well he has a 1.5 yr old and bussiness is good from what he says.

it cleaned up alot as we were leaving on the inside but since gumps ski broke down again ( hence the empty trailer pic) we called it a day about 45min early.

oh yeah the X2 ( kawasaki ) had tow the SJ back in AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frosty

New York Crew
doing well he has a 1.5 yr old and bussiness is good from what he says.

it cleaned up alot as we were leaving on the inside but since gumps ski broke down again ( hence the empty trailer pic) we called it a day about 45min early.

oh yeah the X2 ( kawasaki ) had tow the SJ back in AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice - tell Jeff Phil (Frosty) says hello next time ya see him.

Where were all you cats when i was living down there 5 years ago? I rode alone most of the time, on the east side of the pass.

Nice - tell Jeff Phil (Frosty) says hello next time ya see him.

Where were all you cats when i was living down there 5 years ago? I rode alone most of the time, on the east side of the pass.

Hey Phil...long time no see.
Good to hear from you.
Yep, still riding a B1 (my 3rd one). Had a good time riding with Justin, Chick and Jefferson the other day. Very decent swells. You need to come down and ride sometime.

Jeff

Top Bottom