SX/SXi/SXi Pro Handle Pole Removal

All I could find was "just start taking stuff apart, you'll figure it out" when I searched for directions to take the handle pole off... so how do you take it off?

I've got the whole top taken apart, but how do I get the wire/cables out and it actually off the ski?

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
Remove the bolts(4) from the handlepole bracket from inside the hull. From there the rest should be evident.

unhook all the wires and cables from the bars the start stop button throttle etc remove the four bolts from the pole mount they will be in the hull right above the gas tank then pick up the bracket high enough to get to the bolt i believe it was a 19 take the nut off then take the bolt out once you do that the pole will be free then you gotta pull the cables and wires out theres also a breather hose on the bottom of the pole pull the breather out then slide the the wires and cables out start with the smaller ones once youve done that the pole is off it can be a pain i did it the other day p.s. keep an eye on the way the pole spring is i didnt and wennt to put it back together and lets jus say it irritated me

@motorman021 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" lets just say it .......irritated. me." :mad: x infinity aye.

thanks for the laugh, im buggerd from stripping my 550 for the first full restore and just up to the electrical box and pole now, so im reading how to do this- mainly how to disconnect the calbes without having to cut them......if anyone know if inside the electrical box there as male/female style connnector so u dont have to cut

if your working on a 750 there is a 4 pin connector on the left hand side of the ebox for the start stop switch. I take the steering cable off the bars and pull it through the handpole as I take it out. I take the throttle cable off the carbs and take it out with pole. I found it easier to take the pole off the mount after it is out of the ski completely.
On a side note, now would be a good time to replace the bushings in the pole and drill out the threaded section of the pole mount where the pole bolt goes through. If you drill the threads out you can over tighten the pole bolt nut enough so the pole will hold its height. It takes some getting used to but it saves your arms and back from a lot of strain. tighten the crap out of it, it will loosen as you ride. I usually have to tighten mine a few times a season even with two nuts and locktight on the threads.

thanks man.
i have a spring that is pretty heavy duty ( was insane trying to get it off. I didnt have bushlings man, i think it has had what your describing. just needs replacement washers. i now understand why i hate to absolute #$%^ing rip the bolt out because it was so tight and the threads getting stuck on the coil of the spring. was an experience.

i had 2 questions, Ive noticed my engine has been modified, look like the stroke has been extended by covering up the intake ports on the block with a metal plate, and lowering the intake? how do i find out what size engine this is?

question two, why is there two ports in the front piston, intake side? the rear piston has no ports, totally solid.

Attachments

• 20140821_111252(0).jpg
    20140821_111252(0).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20140821_111317.jpg
    20140821_111317.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140821_111308.jpg
    20140821_111308.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140821_111252.jpg
    20140821_111252.jpg