Handlepole? Tight or sprung?

Handlepole.....Tight or Loose or Inbetween?

• Total voters
ive felt them too tight, and too loose. my 550 was way to heavy/loose, my superjet is perfect, feels like its weightless in your hands but it doesnt stick at all.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
Depends on riding style. A regular rider that just jumps straight and does a trick every now and then...doesnt really matter. floppy will be fine.

But, a freestyle rider can benefit form a tight pole setup. Not that all have to run one but it seems to help most

I like mine tight enough to stay up and put, but not too tight. I have ridden some that are super tight. There are benifits to the tight pole for tricks and such. I agree with waste land about riding style. When I rode mostly in a straight line and did a few subs my stock sprung pole was fine and light. Then I began working on more tricks and I went springless and moderately tight.
I have also seen poles too tight stress out and crack the mounting points on a ski.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I like mine tight. I do some tricks that require the pole to stay put, but can still move it without too much trouble.

uh huh...............

cannot believe nobody has run with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, I like mine just tight enough that it floats with you, you let go and it does not fall, but still moves.

aqua

the taco
uh huh...............

cannot believe nobody has run with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.....i try to be a gentleman....well sometimes. seems every pole thread goes to the gutter sooner or later. :Flush: :biggrin: I have been riding with mine limp and well lubed but I think I might tighten things up a bit and see how that goes. How can so many people be wrong....right?

Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I like my pole weightless. Really helps with the fluidity of the surf riding, however, it definitely makes certain tricks much more difficult if not impossible.

I ran with my pole stiff last year ..(LOL that can go so many places.) Anyway it had a spring but it would fall when you landed or rise up when you let go in the air. BTW That is a great way to loose some teeth,... have the pole float up as you are in the air with no hands then land and have it beat your face in as it heads down...

So I am trying it springless so it will stay when I do a no hand barrel roll I can just grab it and go.

Ok maybe the no hander is a dream but the pole is ready... LOL

Top Bottom