Has anyone done a barrel roll in a barrel?

Yeah, you'd need a helmet cam for sure if you went for it.

With depth of water issues and just the difficulty of getting truly tubed, I guess it would be more likely to pull this trick on an open wave. The difference between doing it and a barrel roll re-entry would be minimal, but it seems like it would be really wild to ride up to the lip and roll with it.

doubled

octane rider
Off topic, but I've always wanted to see someone "duckdive" a wave on a ski, seems simple enough. A submarine is one of the first tricks people try on flat water, I never see it done in the surf.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Off topic, but I've always wanted to see someone "duckdive" a wave on a ski, seems simple enough. A submarine is one of the first tricks people try on flat water, I never see it done in the surf.

HI yeah i tried it last ride, was comin up to a wave and saw how much bigger the wave behind it was, decided i wanted to hit the bigger wave but the wave infront of me went straight face......i was already comitted and couldnt turn around so i thought "duck dive".

well the wave was too powerful ripped my arms off but some how my feet stayed in the tray, scrambeled to get back on to hit the big wave.....well i didnt listen to andrew and still was running my lanyard, didnt have time to stick it in so it would start....... well here is the big wave now 3 feet infront of me with the lip over my head........tossed over the falls.... stright to the bottom......ooooooooowwwwwwwwwweeeeee....

im sure its possible though but its ALOT of force comin towead ya.....atleast when i tried when it was overhead.

doubled

octane rider
Yea,you did it as a last ditch effort but if you planed to do it, and pre hop into the face with a blip of throttle once in the wave to push out the back..maybe.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Yea,you did it as a last ditch effort but if you planed to do it, and pre hop into the face with a blip of throttle once in the wave to push out the back..maybe.

yeah, i wasnt really completly focused, im going to try it again forsure. i def think its possible. just gotta hold on tight.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
get yourself some footstraps and some hydroturf first!!!!!

and ditch that lanyard and turn your idle down!!!!!!!!

i know........i know.........only thing....$

im savin so i can just knock it all out at once. foot holds, foot straps, re-enforce,turf,yadda yadda yadda.........

but def gonna turn my idle down..........it was gnarly holdin on to the bond rail as i went over, went up.......than shot down SO fast, than getting pile drived......woohoo!:smashfreakB:

stanton

High on jetskis.
ive duckdived but not with a pre hop and not deep at all. more like the wave breaking over the top of the ski and me. when you do it make sure to get behind the pole like a sub and its actually easy.

Top Bottom