Has anyone made their own Brap strap/ ratchet hood clamp?

I'm as cheap as it gets but the safety of myself/ski is somewhere where I feel I shouldn't try to cut costs.

I'm going to try and make something similar to a brapstrap. But as I look at everything I'll need, 100 bucks really isn't all that terrible of a price.

I broke the regular blowsion hood straps easily. Those were complete crap. Now I have two regualr ratchet straps, 24/7 hooks, and an Xmetal catch with teh stock latch. I don't think my hoods going anywhere unless I take a really hard slam flat on my side. Only problem is that it's a pain to take on and off because if you seperate the strap from the ratchet you have to refeed it and everything, therefore I have to loosen the straps and put them to the side to remove the hood

The wamilton's set-up looks really nice though too....hmmmm

Last edited:
Just finished mine up! Literally, 20 Mins tops and not a clue to what I was doing except following off of a few pics of other peoples!
MAKE YOUR OWN! Having a brand name STICKERED on and putting it on a website for 100 bucks to call it there own is ridiculous if you ask me!
I could repeat this project 7 times and still would not hit the 100 mark!

picture.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom