Freestyle Heads up on a great deal!!!

Waternut

Customizing addict
www.pricepoint.com has their own brand (Sette) of Lock on grips as well. So far all the Sette stuff I've bought has been good but I haven't tried the grips yet. I plan to get some on my next order though. The basic grips like the Ruffians are $8 and come with the lock rings but there are plenty of other styles too for under $10. For $15, they sell some with 16 lock rings (gold, black, red, and blue) in case one color isn't enough for you.

Since I have kevlar palms on my gloves, I chew through grips at the rate of about 2 sets a year so I'm always looking for new ideas.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Bummer, save a couple of bucks literally and put real jet ski shops out of business.

Support the companies that support your sport, or there will be none left to purchase watercraft specific parts from............

I think it is 110% worth it to buy from someone like Mike.
What goes around comes around, he supports the sport, sponsors riders and events,
What has those comanies with the cheap stuff done for you, the sport or a friend? Nothing.
Its worth the extra few dollars to buy from someone like Optima Racing, Look around on the Threads, all amazing stuff is said all the time,
Optima is the place to go.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Just a heads up, sometimes you can get grips in the 90mm size or without the bar ends for cheaper. I have accidentally almost ordered the wrong ones before.

Tmart

formerly superjet444
I think it is 110% worth it to buy from someone like Mike.
What goes around comes around, he supports the sport, sponsors riders and events,
What has those comanies with the cheap stuff done for you, the sport or a friend? Nothing.
Its worth the extra few dollars to buy from someone like Optima Racing, Look around on the Threads, all amazing stuff is said all the time,
Optima is the place to go.
I know you support Mike at Optima and he is a great guy, but you dont have to bring Optima into every conversation! So people like a different feel of grips, I know Waternut runs a crazy triangle grip looking thing that fits his hand better. I will always but stuff from Optima and other jetski companies, but other people also have personal preferences on smaller items like these. No pun intended

Waternut

Customizing addict
Guess we should all keep our money saving tips to ourselves next time... Let's not forget that the grips that all the jetski guys have come to love are mountain bike grips developed for mountain bikers. So why is it bad business practice when we buy these parts from someone other than a jetski dealer? Absolutely no disrespect intended to the Optima guys. If I was placing an order at a jetski place and needed grips, I would order grips from them as well even if they were a few dollars more.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
No worries Waternut, I just try to point out that there are companies that strictly service the jet ski industry and we all can use all the business we can get. I think you would find that all owners of performance watercraft related business's are involved because they love the sport, not because it is an avenue to get rich.

Just give us a shot, if we have to price match things like a pair of grips, we just might to keep the business in the watercraft industry. The more the dedicated watercraft business grow, the more we can do for the sports riders, racers and events.

Take it easy on Chris as well, he was just reiterating the point I was trying to make.

Top Bottom